Testing 9/1, help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medschool1718

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, testing on 9/1 and I need some advice. Yesterday I took AAMC FL2 and scored a 507. The week before I took AAMC FL2, got a 500 and AAMC FL1, got a 502. I was just wondering if anyone found FL3 to be representative of the real exam! My goal score is a 505 (high GPA, applying DO) and I am just wondering if that is attainable at this point. I plan on re-doing the AAMC q-packs and some light review on high yield things like metabolism and amino acids. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Also as a side note: I feel like I took FL3 under the most realistic testing conditions out of the 3 exams, which is why I was happy to see a higher score!

Members don't see this ad.

a lot of people say fl 2 and fl 3 are most representative. fl 1 is not representative at all

SB is also very similar to actual exam so make sure you do the section bank. It is the most helpful AAMC material

Reactions: 1 user
a lot of people say fl 2 and fl 3 are most representative. fl 1 is not representative at all

SB is also very similar to actual exam so make sure you do the section bank. It is the most helpful AAMC material
I just finished working through the section banks last week, very hard but worth it! I just need a 505, ugh.

You're in good shape. Agree that SB and FL3 are most representative. OP, I had similar scores as you across the board. 500, 503, and 505 on AAMC's 1, 2, and 3. 506 on the real deal. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
You're in good shape. Agree that SB and FL3 are most representative. OP, I had similar scores as you across the board. 500, 503, and 505 on AAMC's 1, 2, and 3. 506 on the real deal. Good luck!
How much time did you have between your last full length and the real test? What did you do in the days leading up to the real thing? Starting to panic.

How much time did you have between your last full length and the real test? What did you do in the days leading up to the real thing? Starting to panic.

AAMC FL 3 exactly 1 week before the real deal. I made sure I was awake by 6am, went to the gym early to get a good 45 min of high-intensity cardio in, ate healthy, and tried to go to bed before 10pm. In terms of studying, I reviewed my amino acids daily (could tell you something unique about every one), went through high yield C/P equations, and reviewed psych/soc KA document. I tried to embrace the fact that I did everything I could in terms of preparation and that much of the real deal was out of my control. I found comfort that everyone else who was taking the exam would also be very nervous, etc. That helped me a lot

Reactions: 1 users
AAMC FL 3 exactly 1 week before the real deal. I made sure I was awake by 6am, went to the gym early to get a good 45 min of high-intensity cardio in, ate healthy, and tried to go to bed before 10pm. In terms of studying, I reviewed my amino acids daily (could tell you something unique about every one), went through high yield C/P equations, and reviewed psych/soc KA document. I tried to embrace the fact that I did everything I could in terms of preparation and that much of the real deal was out of my control. I found comfort that everyone else who was taking the exam would also be very nervous, etc. That helped me a lot

Thanks so much!!

Cross-posted on Reddit as well, so many people have said they saw a huge score drop, like getting 508-512 and then 503 on the real thing. I know I can't panic but the anxiety is setting in.