Testing 9/1, need advice..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medschool1718

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey SDN friends.. testing on 9/1 and just need some advice. I took the exam last year and scored sub 500 so knew I needed to retake this summer. I am currently scoring 502-505 on NS 1-4, for a 502 on AAMC FL1 and a 500 on AAMC FL2 yesterday. I really just need to get above a 500, as I have a high GPA and I am just planning on applying DO. Any suggestions on how to make sure to stay above a 500 on test day and what to do leading up to then? Plan on taking AAMC FL3 on Saturday. Thanks in advance!

Also to add: I really am not able to reschedule as I am applying this cycle and I cannot take another gap year.

Members don't see this ad.

To be honest, with your test in a week it's a little late in the game to really do anything that'll drastically bring up your score. FL3 will be the best predictor of your actual exam score. Most people I know tend to score a few points higher on the real exam than on the practice FLs, but of course there's no guarantee.

In general at this point, you should be entirely done with content studying and you should just review specific subjects you struggle with. I'd suggest going over every single FL you've taken and make sure you know why you got each question right or wrong.

Best of luck!

To be honest, with your test in a week it's a little late in the game to really do anything that'll drastically bring up your score. FL3 will be the best predictor of your actual exam score. Most people I know tend to score a few points higher on the real exam than on the practice FLs, but of course there's no guarantee.

In general at this point, you should be entirely done with content studying and you should just review specific subjects you struggle with. I'd suggest going over every single FL you've taken and make sure you know why you got each question right or wrong.

Best of luck!
I am not expecting by any means to go up significantly, or even up at all. I just want to make sure I stay above a 500 at this point.