testing center discrepancy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kbfan890

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was about to start my psych/soc section and was informed by the grad student proctors that they had filed a discrepancy because I started writing on my scratch paper prior to clicking off the break screen. They did not tell me that was not allowed and even had to call someone to find out whether it was even a problem. They also said that they admitted that they didn't tell me I couldn't do that either and were given the impression that it was fine. I'm about to freak out cause the last thing I want is my score to be voided much less labeled a cheater!!! I've called AAMC and reported it from my end and they were just as shocked as I was that it was even filed. Of course by the time I got done vomiting and having a panic attack the MCAT security tip line was not taking calls so I left a voicemail and sent an email. I swear this is about to give me the ulcer I've been working towards for the last 4 years. Should I just plan on it being voided or should I just chill out?

Members don't see this ad.

If AAMC was shocked when you called I'm sure it'll be fine. Seems like they don't have a problem with it. I'm fairly certain it doesn't say anything about it in the official rules, but you can double check to give yourself peace of mind

I was about to start my psych/soc section and was informed by the grad student proctors that they had filed a discrepancy because I started writing on my scratch paper prior to clicking off the break screen. They did not tell me that was not allowed and even had to call someone to find out whether it was even a problem. They also said that they admitted that they didn't tell me I couldn't do that either and were given the impression that it was fine. I'm about to freak out cause the last thing I want is my score to be voided much less labeled a cheater!!! I've called AAMC and reported it from my end and they were just as shocked as I was that it was even filed. Of course by the time I got done vomiting and having a panic attack the MCAT security tip line was not taking calls so I left a voicemail and sent an email. I swear this is about to give me the ulcer I've been working towards for the last 4 years. Should I just plan on it being voided or should I just chill out?
I've checked the official rules, googled to double check it, and haven't found out anything. This isn't my first time taking it and I can't remember any other time being told that. It seemed very weird to me but then I'd been testing for several hours when they popped it on me.

That sucks, were you able to concentrate during PS after that? I'd be pissed about that.
Not really and I'm beyond pissed about that!! Everything I've filed tonight has stated that they did that before that section. It'll be interesting to see how ****ty my score ends up being if my test isn't voided.

Members don't see this ad :)

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I would contact AAMC again just to confirm everything once more. Your testing center had a bunch of incompetent jerks apparently. I've never heard of writing on the booklet prior to starting a section as being a violation or a problem. I did exactly that before B/B, and prior to starting the test and never had a problem. They usually just emphasize not to rip out sheets from the booklet.

That is ridiculous. I know people who wrote down formulas during the tutorial stage and hormones/pathways during lunch. Nobody has ever had a problem. What an ****boy for reporting you