Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Testing Center questions

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by raptors, May 12, 2007.

1. raptors

raptors 5+ Year Member

Mar 6, 2007
    I guess some of these may be silly but...

Does the mouse have a scroll thing (wheel I believe it's called) between the left and right clickers?

How are the computer screens?

How are the chairs?

How are the cubicles?

Lighting?

I know you get head reducing headphones, but did you also recieve ear plugs?

How was the temperature in the room?

Between sections there's a timer, but i've been hearing that the test won't start even after the 10 minutes because there's an intro screen to each section, is this true? Which means you can take as long as a break as you can.

Thanks for your responses and any other input would be cool.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. DiverDoc

DiverDoc KCUMB 2012 10+ Year Member

No scroll Bar
    The screens have a flicker to them, that you get used to, but eventually gives you a headache. (also could be verbal:laugh: ) Chairs were decent, not too soft, not too hard, I had armrests. Cubicles were pretty standard cubicles I guess. Temp was fine, maybe slightly on the warmer side (for me) I'd say 73.5 ish degrees. Im not sure about the break thing your talking about, when it got to like 10 seconds left, I just clicked and started the next section. Make sure you put those orange headphones on right, you can size to fit pretty comfortably. They worked pretty good. :luck:

4. mvenus929

mvenus929 Physician 10+ Year Member

Jul 6, 2006
    MDApps:
    It depends a lot on your testing center. Mine had fairly recent Dell computers, so they weren't bad at all. We had the scroll bar, which I was very happy of. The chairs were a bit uncomfortable after a point, but they were regular office computer desk chairs. The lighting was alright... not super bright, not dark. The cubicles weren't bad, I suppose. We had 12, and I was #12, so I had to see the guy come in and mess with something next to me every time a person finished their exam.

We just got headphones, which were fairly good. Except that I kept on imagining that I was hearing a plane taking off outside, which is just silly since the airport is across down. The temperature was very comfortable.

There is an intro screen to every section, but I don't know if you can actually take as long of a break as you want. I wouldn't really want to try that hypothesis, either.