ponybreeder4

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
ok im feeling very screwed at the moment. today i took my first diagnostic aamc 3 and got a 21...9ps, 6,bs, 6 verbal. i am taking a princeton course wihch will be over in 2 weeks but i havent really been keeping up with the reading. i have done about 30% of the hwk. should i move my test? ahhh help

radian313

7+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2009
Status
Medical Student
Most def. you should unless you want to be on the rock?

Even then, some top carrib schools require a mid 20.

Keep in mind AAMC tend to have a more lenient curve than TPR, so not to be harsh but the AAMC is actually a good indication of how you will do.

You have the materials, just delay your exam by about 3 months, do the passages and online assignments, take the AAMC exams, see how your score improves...

Only thing ill say that I can almost guarantee is, with a 21, your score can probably only improve...

GOod luck, you can do it!

JeetKuneDo

10+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2008
Status
Medical Student
ok im feeling very screwed at the moment. today i took my first diagnostic aamc 3 and got a 21...9ps, 6,bs, 6 verbal. i am taking a princeton course wihch will be over in 2 weeks but i havent really been keeping up with the reading. i have done about 30% of the hwk. should i move my test? ahhh help
If you did do the reading, I'd have said give it another week or two of more intense studying. How far behind are you in the reading? I say see how it goes in two weeks.

immanuel11421

immanuel11421
10+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2009
NYC
Status
Pre-Medical
I am in a similar situation. I am not taking any classes but has been studying on my own for 2 1/2 weeks. My real MCAT date is in 4 weeks but my AAMC diagnostic test is in the 20s. I am starting to get wuite depressed and wondering if I should move my test date,
Has anyone score higher in the actual test than their usual AAMC diagnostic test?? Should I count on the curve?