Texans: 32R, 3.9 cGPA, 3.8 sGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nahrendt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a slew of AMCAS schools I'm applying to, was wondering if you'll think I'll get into any TMDSAS schools.
MCAT 32 R ......9 V/ 12 P / 11 B
cGPA 3.93
sGPA 3.85

ECs
7 months Nursing Tech
Spanish fluency
Hospital volunteering
Border work/huminatarian aid
President of ONE Campaign club 1 yr
Various club sports

Letters of rec are pretty avg.

Not sure if I have shot at getting into TX. Would love to go...low tuition...close to AZ. Looking at mostly UT San Anton, UT Houston, UT Houston. Kind of afraid of a small TX town.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You might get into some, but most likely not since you are out of state and don't have a stellar mcat score. if you have the money, try if you want, but look online for the OOS statistics for the texas schools and you will see what you are up against.

I have a slew of AMCAS schools I'm applying to, was wondering if you'll think I'll get into any TMDSAS schools.
MCAT 32 R ......9 V/ 12 P / 11 B
cGPA 3.93
sGPA 3.85

ECs
7 months Nursing Tech
Spanish fluency
Hospital volunteering
Border work/huminatarian aid
President of ONE Campaign club 1 yr
Various club sports

Letters of rec are pretty avg.

Not sure if I have shot at getting into TX. Would love to go...low tuition...close to AZ. Looking at mostly UT San Anton, UT Houston, UT Houston. Kind of afraid of a small TX town.

Thanks!

As an OOS you'll really have to make a case of why texas is right for you (and cost isn't that convincing an argument in my opinion). Texas schools are supposed 2 take 90% in-state students by law, so that will make things definitely a lot trickier for you. Anyway, i still wish you the best :) Your numbers seem adequate for UTH and San antonio. Extracurricular activities seem a bit lacking. But, ur OOS status would be your biggest obstacle towards getting into a texas school rather than anything else.