txkiwieyes

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2005
Houston, TX
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hi!

Just wanted to see a general count of how many of you out there either Deferred Acceptance from a Texas Medical School, or have already turned down a Waitlist for a Texas school???

I'm currently on a waitlist, and wanted to see if there are alot of you deferring or rejecting your waitlist status... and estimate the chances of us still waitlisted actually standing a chance! :scared:

UT_mikie

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2005
Status
Medical Student
txkiwieyes said:
Hi!

Just wanted to see a general count of how many of you out there either Deferred Acceptance from a Texas Medical School, or have already turned down a Waitlist for a Texas school???

I'm currently on a waitlist, and wanted to see if there are alot of you deferring or rejecting your waitlist status... and estimate the chances of us still waitlisted actually standing a chance! :scared:
I am going to ask UTH for a deferment, but the UTH website says they don't allow deferals. (does anyone know anything about this?) I'm going to get my HPO advisor and some professors to write some letters for me and maybe it will happen, if not then I will go ahead and enter the class of 2009. One of my friend was offered a deferal from UTH last year, but I think her reason was health related. Anyway if they let me go then I'll post it here.

Best of luck to you people on the waitlist~

:thumbup:

OP
txkiwieyes

txkiwieyes

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2005
Houston, TX
Status
Resident [Any Field]
UT_mikie said:
I am going to ask UTH for a deferment, but the UTH website says they don't allow deferals. (does anyone know anything about this?) I'm going to get my HPO advisor and some professors to write some letters for me and maybe it will happen, if not then I will go ahead and enter the class of 2009. One of my friend was offered a deferal from UTH last year, but I think her reason was health related. Anyway if they let me go then I'll post it here.

Best of luck to you people on the waitlist~

:thumbup:
thanks UT_mikie! Good Luck to you in whatever you decide! :luck: