Texas 3.81 GPA 504 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reaction mechanisms

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Chance me for Texas please.

• 3.81 GPA
  • 504 MCAT
  • 60 hours shadowing
  • 100 hours hospital volunteering
  • 1000 hours working as a patient care coordinator
  • 50 hours volunteering with a local homeless shelter
  • 2 semesters TA for bio
  • 14 months work study employment with on camps Service-Learning program
  • A compelling narrative as a nontraditional student

Also looking to apply out of state MD as I was granted FAP through AAMC which includes a waiver for all AMCAS fees for one application submission of up to 20 schools. Recommendations on out of state schools would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

You should receive some interviews from your Texas schools. Your MCAT of 504 will limit the number of AAMC schools where you could receive interviews but you could try these:
TCU-UNT
Oakland Beaumont
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Creighton
NOVA MD
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Seton Hall
New York Medical College
Vermont
Loma Linda

Thank you for the recommendations @Faha

Here is what I have so far for AAMC:

Howard
Loma Linda
Drexel
Temple
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
Morehouse
New York Medical College
Oakland Beaumont
Oregon
TCU UNT
Baylor - delete?
Tulane
Phoenix
Tucson
Seton Hall
USF Morsani
Miami Miller
Nova
Wisconsin
Vermont

Should I just delete Baylor? I want to keep my list at 20 and right now I'm at 21. Baylor is a major reach but it's a Texas school so I'm struggling to delete it even though I'm sure I don't stand a chance.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Schools such as U Wisconsin, USF Morsani, Arizona (both schools), Oregon accept very few (if any) non residents with your MCAT of 504 and no connection to the state. Baylor and Miami are unrealistic with a MCAT of 504. Morehouse, Howard and Meharry mainly accept URM applicants from the African American community.

Schools such as U Wisconsin, USF Morsani, Arizona (both schools), Oregon accept very few (if any) non residents with your MCAT of 504 and no connection to the state. Baylor and Miami are unrealistic with a MCAT of 504. Morehouse, Howard and Meharry mainly accept URM applicants from the African American community.

Is being born in Arizona considered a connection to the state?

Only for about a year. My father was stationed in Phoenix in the military but we returned to Texas as a family before my first birthday.