Texas A&M College of Dentistry Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Link to last years thread: ***The Official Texas A&M College of Dentistry Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Link to interview prep: Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hello All!
I was wondering has anyone heard anything yet?
I am an out of state applicant and I applied through AADSAS and I haven't heard a thing from them and my AADSAS status hasn't changed either. It has been about two weeks since I submitted everything.

I figured I'd ask around here before sending an email to admissions.

Thanks everyone and good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello All!
I was wondering has anyone heard anything yet?
I am an out of state applicant and I applied through AADSAS and I haven't heard a thing from them and my AADSAS status hasn't changed either. It has been about two weeks since I submitted everything.

I figured I'd ask around here before sending an email to admissions.

Thanks everyone and good luck!
I got an email from them saying that my TMDSAS application had been received. That was like three weeks after I had submitted my primary and secondary applications though. They're probably still processing everything. It might take longer for out of state students too, I'm not sure.

Reactions: 1 user
I got an email from them saying that my TMDSAS application had been received. That was like three weeks after I had submitted my primary and secondary applications though. They're probably still processing everything. It might take longer for out of state students too, I'm not sure.

Ok, so they're just taking their time. I'll give them a couple more weeks before I email them.
I always find it a struggle to know exactly when I should be emailing admissions out of fear of alienating them you know?

Thanks!

I finally got an email from admissions stating they received my application! (on 7/14)
I am an out of state applicant so I figured I would share in case any other out of state applicant was watching the thread :happy:

My AADSAS status has now changed to Received/Under Review so fingers crossed :xf:

Good luck everyone!

I finally got an email from admissions stating they received my application! (on 7/14)
I am an out of state applicant so I figured I would share in case any other out of state applicant was watching the thread :happy:

My AADSAS status has now changed to Received/Under Review so fingers crossed :xf:

Good luck everyone!
How long after the application was submitted to them did you receive the notification? Am in-state but my application was forwarded to the school yesterday (7/15)

How long after the application was submitted to them did you receive the notification? Am in-state but my application was forwarded to the school yesterday (7/15)

Oh! Sorry, I forgot to include that.

So there were more steps involved because I am out-of-state, but here are all of my dates:

I submitted my AADSAS on 6/18, verified 6/23.
All of the additional materials that were required (TAMHSC application materials) I completed on 6/27.

Hope that provides some frame of reference!

Oh! Sorry, I forgot to include that.

So there were more steps involved because I am out-of-state, but here are all of my dates:

I submitted my AADSAS on 6/18, verified 6/23.
All of the additional materials that were required (TAMHSC application materials) I completed on 6/27.

Hope that provides some frame of reference!
Thanks for the update.. I see what you mean, this might not translate to TMDSAS applicants very well.

Interview #1
School: Texas A&M
Notification Date: 08/07
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: Texas
TMDSAS mail-out date: 05/30
Application complete date: 06/29
GPA (science, overall): 3.70, 3.82
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/19/22/29/none
Dates available OR your interview date: August 29-September 4 (Series of Interviews)
Method of interview: Virtual

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
Received my interview invitation this morning! Looks like Fridays are the days they send stuff out.

This information might also be helpful for some.

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 9.12.37 AM.png

Reactions: 5 users
Interview #1
Notification Date: 08/07
TMDSAS mail-out date: 05/30
Application complete date: 06/29
GPA (science, overall): 3.70, 3.82
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/19/22/29/none
Dates available OR your interview date: August 29-September 4 (Series of Interviews)
What time did you receive your invitation?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #4
Notification Date: 08/21
TMDSAS submitted: 6/1
TMDSAS verified: 7/7
GPA (science, overall): 3.02, 3.1
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/25/24/25/none
Dates available OR your interview date: September 12-September 18 (Series of Interviews)

Reactions: 9 users
Interview #4
Notification Date: 08/21
TMDSAS submitted: 6/1
TMDSAS verified: 7/7
GPA (science, overall): 3.02, 3.1
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/25/24/25/none
Dates available OR your interview date: September 12-September 18 (Series of Interviews)

Congrats on your interview DAT score!! If you don't mind sharing, how did you study for the DAT?

Congrats on your interview DAT score!! If you don't mind sharing, how did you study for the DAT?
Thank you! I went through all of Destroyer and Bootcamp, and that's pretty much it other than making flashcards for myself. Active recall is the best way that I learn, so I did as many questions as I could. I just learned every single thing in those two resources and made sure not to leave anything out. Also, I highly recommend Dr. Romano's Bio Dynamite notes instead of the Bootcamp Bio notes. It seems like it's all over the place but it's exactly what you need to know for the DAT.

Interview #1
Notification Date: 08/27
TMDSAS submitted date: 06/10
Application transmitted date: 07/24
GPA (science, overall): 3.80, 3.84
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/20/18/30/none
Dates available OR your interview date: September 19- 25 (Series of Interviews)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Interview #1
Notification Date: 08/27
TMDSAS mail-out date: 06/10
Application complete date: 07/24
GPA (science, overall): 3.80, 3.84
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/20/18/30/none
Dates available OR your interview date: September 19- 25 (Series of Interviews)

Did anyone else have trouble finding the RSVP form to accept the interviews?
Congratulations on the invitation and the excellent stats!
You mentioned the TMDSAS mail-out date is 6/10 but the application complete date is 7/24. Are you referring to the secondary application at 7/24?

Congratulations on the invitation and the excellent stats!
You mentioned the TMDSAS mail-out date is 6/10 but the application complete date is 7/24. Are you referring to the secondary application at 7/24?
Sorry for the confusion, I filled this in rather quickly. I submitted 6/10 and it was transmitted to the schools 7/24.

Finally after a long time of being under pressure of not getting any interview, here I come Texas!!!
Interview #6
Notification Date:09/09
TMDSAS submitted date: 07/05
Application transmitted date: 08/14
GPA (science, overall): 4.00, 3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/19/19/none
Dates available OR your interview date: October 05-09 (Series of Interviews)

Reactions: 5 users
Finally after a long time of being under pressure of not getting any interview, here I come Texas!!!
Interview #6
Notification Date:09/09
TMDSAS submitted date: 07/05
Application transmitted date: 08/14
GPA (science, overall): 4.00, 3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/19/19/none
Dates available OR your interview date: October 05-09 (Series of Interviews)
I have submitted 3 days before you and my stats are slightly higher than yours. However, I still haven't gotten any interviews. I know there is more to it than just numbers. So do you think I will hear from them in the next week or so? Also, do you know if there is a specific order that they go through? I am starting to worry since a lot of people who applied after me got interviews already?

I have submitted 3 days before you and my stats are slightly higher than yours. However, I still haven't gotten any interviews. I know there is more to it than just numbers. So do you think I will hear from them in the next week or so? Also, do you know if there is a specific order that they go through? I am starting to worry since a lot of people who applied after me got interviews already?
of course! you will hear back from many pretty soon! it seems that they go in the order of submission date but who knows what methods they are using. Just dont panic! its early in the cycle. Im pretty sure you are gonna post about your interviews soon here on SDN!

We have all felt this feeling at one point or another during the interview season. You could get the invite next week, next month, or not at all and you’d never know why. Just hang in there dude, you’ll get it soon enough.

On the same boat but it seems we missed the first round for A&M, no if or buts about that.. No one knows what do they emphasize for first round interviews but I think we'll get them eventually, probably.. maybe... hopefully.

Thank you! I went through all of Destroyer and Bootcamp, and that's pretty much it other than making flashcards for myself. Active recall is the best way that I learn, so I did as many questions as I could. I just learned every single thing in those two resources and made sure not to leave anything out. Also, I highly recommend Dr. Romano's Bio Dynamite notes instead of the Bootcamp Bio notes. It seems like it's all over the place but it's exactly what you need to know for the DAT.

Your story is amazing. I hope you get into your first choice dental school. Good news, I have had a lot of time and motivation to study so I am ahead of the studying schedule. I will be completely done seven days before my test. What would you suggest doing with these additional 7 days before my test?

Your story is amazing. I hope you get into your first choice dental school. Good news, I have had a lot of time and motivation to study so I am ahead of the studying schedule. I will be completely done seven days before my test. What would you suggest doing with these additional 7 days before my test?
Thank you! The story won't be complete until I get accepted though haha. I would suggest you compile all the questions that you've struggled with on the practice tests and go over them repeatedly until you take your DAT. That's what I did. Maybe continue to review some biology and any concepts you feel shaky with as well. Good luck =) hard work pays off.

Interview #1
Notification Date: 09/22
TMDSAS submitted date: 07/30
Application transmitted date: 08/28
GPA (science, overall): 4.00, 4.00
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/24/23/none
Dates available OR your interview date: October 17-23 (Series of Interviews)

Reactions: 1 users
On the same boat but it seems we missed the first round for A&M, no if or buts about that.. No one knows what do they emphasize for first round interviews but I think we'll get them eventually, probably.. maybe... hopefully.
I heard they give high priority to students who went for Texas A&M for their undergrad. It is actually quite common for a graduate school to give priorities to certain undergrads. I know the same thing is true for Baylor Med school in that it gives priority for Rice students.

Interview #3
Notification Date: 09/23
TMDSAS mail-out date: 08/05
Application complete date: 09/09
GPA (science, overall): 3.2, 3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/20/25/none
Dates available OR your interview date: October 24-October 30 (Series of Interviews)

Reactions: 1 users
Interview #1
Notification Date:09/23
TMDSAS submitted date: 06/10
Application transmitted date: 06/21
DAT Taken: 09/04
DAT Confirmed: 09/21
GPA (science, overall): 3.82, 3.89
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/18/16/20/ one (PAT)
Dates available OR your interview date: October 24-30 (Series of Interviews)

Interview #2
Notification Date: 09/22
TMDSAS mail-out date: 07/09
Application complete date: 08/19
GPA (science, overall): 3.81, 3.84
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/25/21/20/none
Dates of Interview: Oct 17-23 (Series of interviews)

Interview #3
Notification Date: 09/23
TMDSAS mail-out date: 08/05
Application complete date: 09/09
GPA (science, overall): 3.2, 3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/20/25/none
Dates available OR your interview date: October 24-October 30 (Series of Interviews)
Are you URM, A&M grad or nontrad? I have a slightly lower DAT but same GPA and no interview going on my third cycle.

Will I stand a chance to receive an interview from A&M with a GPA of 3.64, sGPA of 3.50, and DAT AA 23/ TS 20/ PAT 26/ Reading 26? I am also a non-traditional student with a military background. I applied in late May and the application was transmitted to school on July 8th.

Will I stand a chance to receive an interview from A&M with a GPA of 3.64, sGPA of 3.50, and DAT AA 23/ TS 20/ PAT 26/ Reading 26? I am also a non-traditional student with a military background. I applied in late May and the application was transmitted to school on July 8th.

High chance in my opinion

Does anyone know how many interviews has been sent so far?

Does anyone know how many interviews has been sent so far?
Someone on another thread said they sent 10 each week last year. If that still be the case there is gonna be 150 pre-December interviews (20 or so for OOS).

Someone on another thread said they sent 10 each week last year. If that still be the case there is gonna be 150 pre-December interviews (20 or so for OOS).
Wow I wonder if that's true. That would mean they don't have a whole lot of pre-december interviews.

Does anyone know when they will send invites to OOS?

Has anyone heard of any more invites being sent since 9/22?

Interview #2
Notification Date: 10/14
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/10
Application complete date: 7/20
GPA (science, overall): 3.84, 3.77
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/22/18/none
Dates of Interview: Nov 7-13 (Series of interviews)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users