Texas A&M Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uncle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else having a problem with the details of an A&M Interview ? What are the logistics for getting to Temple from College Station for the afternoon session and interview , Are they transporting us ?Also , I'll need to have my carry on bag with me all day , and having to arrange flights leaving from an alternate airport since we will be 90 miles from College Station at 530 PM . I will already be missing 2 days of school for this interview since I am in school over 1000 miles away and don't relish missing another day so early in the interview season trying to make connections so late in the day so far from an actual airport with service . Any help out there from past , present or future interviewees ? I haven't received my snail mail info yet and my interview is in a few days . Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

uncle said:
Anyone else having a problem with the details of an A&M Interview ? What are the logistics for getting to Temple from College Station for the afternoon session and interview , Are they transporting us ?Also , I'll need to have my carry on bag with me all day , and having to arrange flights leaving from an alternate airport since we will be 90 miles from College Station at 530 PM . I will already be missing 2 days of school for this interview since I am in school over 1000 miles away and don't relish missing another day so early in the interview season trying to make connections so late in the day so far from an actual airport with service . Any help out there from past , present or future interviewees ? I haven't received my snail mail info yet and my interview is in a few days . Thanks
1. They will transport you in a van if you so desire. I actually recommend this because it makes good time, and it avoids the possibility of gettting a speeding ticket (several ppl in my interview group last year rec'd tix b/c they were flying along to/from Temple). Plus most ppl in the van take a nap on the way back and that's golden. :thumbup: You will likely get back ~ sixish.

2. Schedule your flight back for later that evening. One option is that, if you drive down to Temple, you can sked your return flight out of Austin's Bergrstrom Airport. It's a bit closer to Temple than College STation:http://local.google.com/maps?li=d&hl=en&q=from:+Austin,+TX+to:+9300+Rental+Car+LN,+Austin,+TX+78719

Any other questions, just let me know. Good luck and congratulations! TAMU was my second choice in last year's match (after UT San Antonio), and I would have been honored to attend. :)

Thanks for the information . Do you know of any shuttles from Temple to Austin Bergstrom Airport ? My best bet is a flight from there ,but I haven ' t found a way there yet. Also , do you know what time they actually finish ? The email said 530 PM
Thanks,and anyone else with info , I 'd appreciate it.

uncle said:
Thanks for the information . Do you know of any shuttles from Temple to Austin Bergstrom Airport ? My best bet is a flight from there ,but I haven ' t found a way there yet. Also , do you know what time they actually finish ? The email said 530 PM
Thanks,and anyone else with info , I 'd appreciate it.

Depends on what time your interview is. I had mine at 4:30 while others had them at 3:30, 4, and 5. You won't know until that morning. I am positive that you'll be done by 5:30 or at the latest, 5:45. It was a pretty well organized day.