Texas A&M Irma Lerma Rangel College of Pharmacy C/O 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What time does the orientation start? Irma Rangel sent me an interview invitation with a time, but stated that orientation would happen before that. If the interview is at 11:30am, what is a good time to arrive?

What time does the orientation start? Irma Rangel sent me an interview invitation with a time, but stated that orientation would happen before that. If the interview is at 11:30am, what is a good time to arrive?
Get there by 8:30

Members don't see this ad :)
Approximately how long did the entire interview process last? Was it standard like every other school and was four hours?

Approximately how long did the entire interview process last? Was it standard like every other school and was four hours?
The interview itself is MMI format. You'll have multiple quick interviews. There are about 10 stations. 2 are rest stations and one is where you write about a prompt, which is the same for everybody. Each one is about 7 minutes. 2 to prepare your thoughts before you enter the room and 5 to talk to the person after you enter the office they are in. It's all in one hallway area with each person being in their own office. You are alone with the interviewer when you answer the questions. The question you need to answer is on the door of each office you go to. The whole day takes several hours but the interviews are quick and easy :) You got this. Don't worry.

Reactions: 1 users
The interview itself is MMI format. You'll have multiple quick interviews. There are about 10 stations. 2 are rest stations and one is where you write about a prompt, which is the same for everybody. Each one is about 7 minutes. 2 to prepare your thoughts before you enter the room and 5 to talk to the person after you enter the office they are in. It's all in one hallway area with each person being in their own office. You are alone with the interviewer when you answer the questions. The question you need to answer is on the door of each office you go to. The whole day takes several hours but the interviews are quick and easy :) You got this. Don't worry.
Thank you! I’m kind of nervous haha. Was there any role play questions where you had to act it out or were they all just scenario based where you give your input on it and talk about what else could be done.

Thank you! I’m kind of nervous haha. Was there any role play questions where you had to act it out or were they all just scenario based where you give your input on it and talk about what else could be done.
No roleplay at all. Some were just scenario based like what would you do in this instance. Others were like what is your opinion on this question/statement. Nothing hard at all. You'll be fine

Reactions: 1 user
How quickly did you guys hear back after your Interview? Sorry for all the questions hahah.

Wow. How much are they in CS?
Was that 515 a month a one bed or multiple bed unit? I called on a one bed one bath in Kingsville and it was like $900 a month with is what a middle of the road apartment is in College Station. I live in CS right now and I pay $611 for a 2 bed 2 bath apartment. I haven’t been able to find anything like that in Kingsville yet. I’m really looking to buy a house, and if I do I will need 1-2 roommates. If that all works out I’ll post in our Facebook group when it gets made!

Was that 515 a month a one bed or multiple bed unit? I called on a one bed one bath in Kingsville and it was like $900 a month with is what a middle of the road apartment is in College Station. I live in CS right now and I pay $611 for a 2 bed 2 bath apartment. I haven’t been able to find anything like that in Kingsville yet. I’m really looking to buy a house, and if I do I will need 1-2 roommates. If that all works out I’ll post in our Facebook group when it gets made!

Where is this and do you have any suggestions for college station? Possibly close to school and evn walking ar a bike ride away?

Where is this and do you have any suggestions for college station? Possibly close to school and evn walking ar a bike ride away?
It’s down university near the restaurants and hotels. If you’re looking for that close to campus you’ll have to pay closer to $900-1500 per month unfortunately. This place I live at now is very quiet and there’s mostly grad students or profs living here... and it’s probably biking distance. Definitely look in person at places before you decide!

It’s down university near the restaurants and hotels. If you’re looking for that close to campus you’ll have to pay closer to $900-1500 per month unfortunately. This place I live at now is very quiet and there’s mostly grad students or profs living here... and it’s probably biking distance. Definitely look in person at places before you decide!

Is it a complex, if so whats the name?

Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone is interviewing on the remaining interview dates, don’t stress about it. This was the one of the most calmest interviews I’ve been to. Questions aren’t bad but just be aware of rising topics in today’s society. Other than that, it didn’t feel much of an interview but more as a friend to friend conversation. The faculty did a really great job of keeping you calm and not trying to feel pressured. I interviewed today, GOOD LUCK

Does A&M really consider the writing portion on the PCAT? I didn’t do so great on it and I read on their website that they need a 3 in order to be considered for admission but I got a 2 .

Does A&M really consider the writing portion on the PCAT? I didn’t do so great on it and I read on their website that they need a 3 in order to be considered for admission but I got a 2 .
If they need a 3 then I wouldn't have been accepted lol. I got a two point something

Received my acceptance letter this morning at the College Station campus!!
How long did it take for you to hear back? Haha I’m probably the only person in this forum with so many questions. Sorry for bombarding you guys with so many notifications.

Hey Pre-Pharm people! I got admitted into College Station back in October for early decision and barely found out about the student doctor network lol. I am down to make a group chat through FB or WhatsApp (whatever you all prefer), if there isn't one already. Just let me know ASAP so we could get to know each other better and help each other out. :)

How long did it take for you to hear back? Haha I’m probably the only person in this forum with so many questions. Sorry for bombarding you guys with so many notifications.

I interviewed back in December and heard back in the beginning of January. Granted the interview was close to winter break so there was a large gap of time since their offices were closed. It should take around 2 weeks and their acceptances are on a rolling admissions basis.

I heard that people with better states go to college station while people who did mediocre go to Kingsville. Does anybody know if this is true?

I heard that people with better states go to college station while people who did mediocre go to Kingsville. Does anybody know if this is true?
It depends on where you want to go. My stats were 3.69 gpa and 93rd percentile on pcat but I chose kingsville because it's closer to me

It depends on where you want to go. My stats were 3.69 gpa and 93rd percentile on pcat but I chose kingsville because it's closer to me
College station peeps, do y’all know the ones who’ve been accepted to CS have high stats?

College station peeps, do y’all know the ones who’ve been accepted to CS have high stats?
Before I applied I had also heard that people with higher stats go to college station. However, I don't know if that is necessarily true. I think it has a lot to do with your preference and like why its beneficial for you to go to that particular school. For example, I am going to College Station because living arrangements will be taken care of so that's probably why they sent me there.

Before I applied I had also heard that people with higher stats go to college station. However, I don't know if that is necessarily true. I think it has a lot to do with your preference and like why its beneficial for you to go to that particular school. For example, I am going to College Station because living arrangements will be taken care of so that's probably why they sent me there.
If you don’t mind sharing, how was your PCAT and GPA? The only reason I’m nervous is because I have some personal issues going on right now, but I don’t think my stats are high enough to be competitive. I’ve already interviewed with A&M and and had put that in the explanations for which college I preferred.

If you don’t mind sharing, how was your PCAT and GPA? The only reason I’m nervous is because I have some personal issues going on right now, but I don’t think my stats are high enough to be competitive. I’ve already interviewed with A&M and and had put that in the explanations for which college I preferred.
Sure I don't mind, my PCAT was a 54 and my GPA was a 3.86. So I don't know if that made me an outstanding applicant as other people here have monster PCAT scores haha. But yeah I was still able to go to my college of choice which is CSTAT.

Reactions: 1 users
Sure I don't mind, my PCAT was a 54 and my GPA was a 3.86. So I don't know if that made me an outstanding applicant as other people here have monster PCAT scores haha. But yeah I was still able to go to my college of choice which is CSTAT.
Thank you so much for your help. Haha that’s true, some people had really good PCAT scores which kind of made me feel eh about my application. Hopefully I hear back soon!

Thank you so much for your help. Haha that’s true, some people had really good PCAT scores which kind of made me feel eh about my application. Hopefully I hear back soon!
Don't worry. A student who is currently in the Texas a&m pharmacy school was accepted with a 41 pcat score

Hey Pre-Pharm people! I got admitted into College Station back in October for early decision and barely found out about the student doctor network lol. I am down to make a group chat through FB or WhatsApp (whatever you all prefer), if there isn't one already. Just let me know ASAP so we could get to know each other better and help each other out. :)
I don’t know anything about the WhatsApp but I’ll join whatever if you want to make it! I don’t think there is one made yet but I think it would help! I’m going to Kingsville, but I live in College Station right now so I can give advice on CS but need advice on Kingsville! This forum is great but I think it would be better if we could get to know each other and start networking!

I don’t know anything about the WhatsApp but I’ll join whatever if you want to make it! I don’t think there is one made yet but I think it would help! I’m going to Kingsville, but I live in College Station right now so I can give advice on CS but need advice on Kingsville! This forum is great but I think it would be better if we could get to know each other and start networking!
Okay I guess I can make one, but how would you prefer to exchange info? I'd need at least your first and last name to search you up I'd say.

Can someone share the facebook link with me also?! I'm going to be at the College Station campus. And are any of you thinking about doing the pre-matriculation program?

Can someone share the facebook link with me also?! I'm going to be at the College Station campus. And are any of you thinking about doing the pre-matriculation program?
I’m working on the application. I think it would really help me.

Hey bud if you want to send me an email so I can reach out to you, that would be great so we can form the groupchat

I interviewed back in December and heard back in the beginning of January. Granted the interview was close to winter break so there was a large gap of time since their offices were closed. It should take around 2 weeks and their acceptances are on a rolling admissions basis.
Will you be accepting the offer?

Anyone who interviewed 2/01, heard anything back yet? Haha I know it’s only been a week but I think they mentioned something about getting back to us the following week.

I could share a house but I need to know if your a guy or girl lol

How is everyone doing, just joined SDN. I’ve already been accepted to the C/O 2023, so I’m looking for roomates who will be going to the Kingsville campus. I’m really interested in staying at the 4bed 4bath suite at The Legends. Feel free to message me if you have any comments, questions, or concerns (I haven’t read any of the previous posts)

Same question as above, but for Kingsville, anyone started looking into housing? I’m thinking about trying to buy a house, but I’ll need some roommates to do that. Also, there’s a TAMU Pharmacy Facebook Page! I requested to be added before Christmas and the accepted me after the break.

Let me know, I’m looking at the Legends in Kingsville

How is everyone doing, just joined SDN. I’ve already been accepted to the C/O 2023, so I’m looking for roomates who will be going to the Kingsville campus. I’m really interested in staying at the 4bed 4bath suite at The Legends. Feel free to message me if you have any comments, questions, or concerns (I haven’t read any of the previous posts)
Hi when did you interview?

Im a girl. I am going to buy a house that’s at least 3 bed 2 bath. When I do I’ll post it on our Facebook class page. Rent will be reasonable and I will only rent to pharmacy to school students! If y’all haven’t joined out Facebook page please do! And add anyone that you know of in our class!