Texas A&M vet roomie

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scws

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just wondering if any of yall going to Texas A&M is possibly looking for a roomie. i just went up this weekend to look at places, and i don't mind living by myself, but also wouldn't mind living with another 1st year. i know some 2nd and 3rd year ppl there but no first years as of now. i'm coming from UT Austin. 22, female, asian. just message me if interested, tried looking at those roommate finder things, but thought this might be better. :)

here are the places i'm thinking of (all right by the school and almost all utilities included in price):

Callaway $650 per person: 2/2, furnished, brand new, lots of amenities

Exchange at Luther $490 per person: 2/2 (same stuff as above)

Enclave $460 per person: 2/2 right next to HEB and stuff

Members don't see this ad.

I went to A&M for undegrad, and I have a few suggestions:

Callaway -- too loud and overpriced

Exchange --- blah

Enclave -- They're okay. I have a friend living in them right now and it's in a good location. However, traffic gets really bad through that area so leave early for school until you know exactly how long it takes to reach the vet school.

There are some places along Wellborn road (past the vet school and close to Reveille Ranch) that look nice to me. And it's closer.

Whatever you do, don't go to Reveille Ranch. :)

thanks aggiegolf for the info! :) i am leaning towards enclave just cause its right by heb and all those stores...they have a really large 2/2 and 9 months lease which is nice. callaway and exchange look really nice on the outside and everything, but i've read some reviews about the exchange that weren't too good so i am a bit skeptical, thanks for the suggestions.

i was actually looking at reveille ranch's website. haha.

any opinions on The Ridge or Arbors at Wolf Pen Creek? i think they are a 3-3.5 miles away from the vet school...a bit too far maybe.

I think the Arbors or The Ridge in the Wolfpen Creek area is your best bet so far. It's in an extremely nice part of town, and there are really nice walking trails behind the Arbors. It's also close to some great restaurants and Sweet Eugene's (best coffee shop ever). = )

As far as distance from the vet school, it's okay. I used to live a little further out than Wolf Pen Creek (Emerald Parkway), and I never had trouble getting to the vet school on time. Traffic in the morning/afternoon is intense no matther which direction you are coming from, so I always left about 25-30 minutes early to make sure I never arrived late.

The enclave and the arbors are almost the same distance from the vet school. The arbors is just a little further down the road. And it's still close to HEB. HEB is great b/c it's open 24 hours (I often found myself there at 3 am b/c that was the only time I had available for shopping lol).

While Reveille Ranch is close to the school, they've switched owners a couple of times and my friends who lived there did not like it (too loud, incompetent staff, etc.) It's also in the Bryan area which tends to have a higher crime rate than College Station.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to ask me any questions that you may have. I think you'll really enjoy College Station. It's a great town. Good luck!