Texas Apps: LOR questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

altaalta

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the Texas applications, it asks to submit 2 (and one extra) LORs...is this part of the "primary" application?
I'm confused bc I know for the AAMCs, there is no LOR requirement and you don't send your LORs until you receive the secondary apps.

So are the two LORs that are part of the TMDSAS supposed to be sent in at the same time as when you submit your transcript, mcat scores, etc etc. And what about secondary applications from the different schools, would they further require more LORs??

Thanks for clearing it up!!

Members don't see this ad.

yes, TMDSAS is different from AMCAS in this regard. i'd say that you should have your letter writers submit their letters when you submit your TMDSAS. it isn't that crucial as there will be a delay for processing of your app, but i don't think you can be too early with them.

processing will happen whether your letters are there or not, but your app won't be complete at schools until TMDSAS receives and forwards your letters. it's important to remember that some Texas schools don't have secondaries. as soon as your LORs and primary are received, you will be complete at these schools.

these 2 LORs are the only LORs you need. once they are submitted to TMDSAS, you're done with that aspect.

Can we send them LOR's (with the PIN number) before we actually "submit" our application?
Also, how early can we submit the application itself?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can we send them LOR's (with the PIN number) before we actually "submit" our application?
Also, how early can we submit the application itself?

I believe that you can send the LORs before you submit. I would also use the TMDSAS coversheet so that there's no funny business.

check the TMDSAS website for the earliest submission date. I'm not really sure what it is this year.

I believe that you can send the LORs before you submit. I would also use the TMDSAS coversheet so that there's no funny business.

check the TMDSAS website for the earliest submission date. I'm not really sure what it is this year.

Thanks for the info Jolie.

I do not see a "earliest date for submission" like AMCAS has, does that mean i can just submit my application as soon as i enter-in all my data?? Do you remember what date did you submit your TMDSAS?? - Thx

Thanks for the info Jolie.

I do not see a "earliest date for submission" like AMCAS has, does that mean i can just submit my application as soon as i enter-in all my data?? Do you remember what date did you submit your TMDSAS?? - Thx

If you have your spring grades and everything else is ready, then you're good to go. But your app won't get processed until mid-June.