texas dental school interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentist2B

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

The interview feedback on this website mainly deals with med students so it would be great if we could start a thread discussing dental school interview experiences. Would anyone like to share?

Dentist2B

Members don't see this ad.

there arent too many ppl applying to texas schools here on sdn. i'm among one of the few. u can do a search and find some old threads about texas schools.
hope this helps.
u can pm me also.

~Qoo

HEY

I'm a D1 @ Baylor. What would you like to know? Interviews are really very laid back at all three schools (especially Houston), to the point of wondering how they pick bxn students if they don't pressure them at all with questions.

Just remember, EVERYONE you talk to may very well be involved in the process... including those students you have been told are merely there to show you around and have nothing to do with the process.

Relax, though... you wouldn't be where you are if you didn't get where you got.....wait, that's not it.....things are a lot more like they used to be than they are now.....no, oh yeah... you'll do just fine :)

Members don't see this ad :)
hi deciduous,

Congrats on getting in to Baylor and good luck with your ongoing studies!

I was wondering what made you decide on Baylor over Houston and San Anton. I am still waiting to hear back for interview spots, but I wanted to get your take on the school.

For example, what sort of things surprised you when you got there, both good and bad.

Any info would be much appreciated - thanks a lot.

Hey!

As I'm sure you're aware, both Baylor & San Antonio have excellent reputations and are both superb schools.

First of all, location did play a role in things. But secondly, I picked the school out of the two above that has a forte in the clinic, rather than in research. To each his own, mind you. There are many great things to be attributed to UTHSCSA, I just wanted a second to none clinical education....I feel like I can get that here. Baylor's a neat school, too. Both are, but they have different auras. You'll see, if you have yet to go on the interviews. Anyway, that's about that!

Oh, did I forget to mention Houston? Oops.

ahemm......YOU CAN RECEIVE A QUALITY EDUCATION NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO.

Best of luck to you! :D

Has anyone heard from the texas schools recently (interviews.....etc)