Texas Licensure - prep for jurisprudence exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samIam47

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am currently training in California and hoping to become licensed in Texas. I am in the midst of the licensure process but will need to take the jurisprudence exam in the upcoming weeks. Does anyone have experience with this exam? I see that it is 100 MC questions, open book, and a passing score is 90%. I would like to know how long do I have to take it? What is the best way to study for it? Any tips about registering and passing the exam would be helpful.

Thank you!
S

Members don't see this ad.

The brochure lists all the materials that you should review before the exam: https://www.tsbep.texas.gov/files/forms/Jurisprudence Examination Brochure 2017Dec.pdf

I downloaded all of the materials at the link provided in the brochure and familiarized myself with them. That was the only preparation I did and passed on the first attempt; I found most of the questions to be pretty straight forward.
The brochure lists all the materials that you should review before the exam: https://www.tsbep.texas.gov/files/forms/Jurisprudence Examination Brochure 2017Dec.pdf

I downloaded all of the materials at the link provided in the brochure and familiarized myself with them. That was the only preparation I did and passed on the first attempt; I found most of the questions to be pretty straight forward.

I'll do that. Thank you! How long is the exam?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll do that. Thank you! How long is the exam?
I took it a few years ago so don't remember. I think it was somewhere between 90 min and 2 hours. I also remember I couldn't find how long you had until I got approved for the test and registered-- I'm pretty sure all the info was listed there.

Reactions: 1 user
On the registration page it asks for a code, where do we get this code from to take the Jurisprudence?
Thank you!