Texas Licensure - prep for jurisprudence exam

samIam47

7+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2012
  1. Psychology Student
    Hi all,

I am currently training in California and hoping to become licensed in Texas. I am in the midst of the licensure process but will need to take the jurisprudence exam in the upcoming weeks. Does anyone have experience with this exam? I see that it is 100 MC questions, open book, and a passing score is 90%. I would like to know how long do I have to take it? What is the best way to study for it? Any tips about registering and passing the exam would be helpful.

Thank you!
    S

aly cat

Medical Science Liaison
    Feb 3, 2009
    1. Psychologist

samIam47

7+ Year Member
      Apr 13, 2012
      1. Psychology Student
        The brochure lists all the materials that you should review before the exam: https://www.tsbep.texas.gov/files/forms/Jurisprudence Examination Brochure 2017Dec.pdf

I downloaded all of the materials at the link provided in the brochure and familiarized myself with them. That was the only preparation I did and passed on the first attempt; I found most of the questions to be pretty straight forward.
        The brochure lists all the materials that you should review before the exam: https://www.tsbep.texas.gov/files/forms/Jurisprudence Examination Brochure 2017Dec.pdf

I downloaded all of the materials at the link provided in the brochure and familiarized myself with them. That was the only preparation I did and passed on the first attempt; I found most of the questions to be pretty straight forward.

I'll do that. Thank you! How long is the exam?

About the Ads

aly cat

Medical Science Liaison
        Feb 3, 2009
        1. Psychologist
          I'll do that. Thank you! How long is the exam?
          I took it a few years ago so don't remember. I think it was somewhere between 90 min and 2 hours. I also remember I couldn't find how long you had until I got approved for the test and registered-- I'm pretty sure all the info was listed there.

Reactions: 1 user
          About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.