Texas Match and Post Match question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

echostation

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey fellow texas applicants, I noticed that letters of acceptances are mailed out on feb 1st and responses back to those letters of acceptance are due by Feb 15th. I guess my question is, since I am a TX and AMCAS applicant and IF, I receive an acceptance letter from a TX school, but say get an interview in march or later in feb or even april from an AMCAS SCHOOL after positively responding to an acceptance letter from a TX school, am i still allowed to go to the AMCAS School interview and if i get into that school, go there? Or is it by default/required in the match system that once you've been matched to a TX school,

Members don't see this ad.

from my understanding you have to reserve your spot if there's a chance you will go there. if you end up getting subsequent interviews and acceptances you can accept them and withdraw your acceptance from the texas school. keep in mind, though, that you will lose your deposit at any schools where you reserve acceptance. you can hold as many acceptances at once as you want but be courteous and withdraw from those which you have no plans of attending :)

someone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong though

I *think* the deposit isn't due till later.