Texas Match: San Antonio vs. Southwestern?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aggiechris06

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Trying to set up for the match before the January 15th deadline...any thoughts?

Main thing that concerns me about Southwestern is the competitive nature...but I'm thinking maybe I can liven up the place a bit...help?

Members don't see this ad.

Go Southwestern....it cant be all that bad (famous last words).

BaylorGuy said:
Go Southwestern....it cant be all that bad (famous last words).

Lol....I think I might look for a little more backup for a reason than that :p

aggiechris06 said:
Trying to set up for the match before the January 15th deadline...any thoughts?

Main thing that concerns me about Southwestern is the competitive nature...but I'm thinking maybe I can liven up the place a bit...help?

Hey. I was just browsing through and thought, gee...I was going through this same decision last year (already over a year! yikes)...it came down to deciding whether to rank utsw or uthscsa #1. I eventually ranked utsw #1 and well, that's where I'm at now.

I'll be honest...I study my arse off...and it little pays sometimes unfortunately. bleh ...but I really like the people here. =D The rumored competition does not live up to its reputation...people here work hard - there's nothing wrong w/that. If anything, the work ethic helps motivate even the laziest of us. My classmates are amazingly smart but never hesitant to help out. If anything, we often get overloaded with emails full of resources. And when we're not studying, we have a ton of fun. Don't get me wrong though - we study A LOT - but I can only assume that any medical student studies a lot.

When I interviewed at uthscsa, what I liked most was the friendly atmosphere...but I haven't found anything contrary to that here at utsw. I dont know what the deciding factor will be for you...but for me, I could not turn down the opportunity to be at a school like utsw...the resources, learning opportunities - especially clinical (training at parkland), the city (I love Dallas), and well, the ranking. Yes yes I know people say ranking doesn't matter...but well, what if it does?? hmm

Anyhow, uthscsa is a great school indeed and I wish you the best of luck with your decision. And they do get, so I hear, 3 weeks off for winter break - we only got 2. =)