Texas MD school atmospheres - Baylor, UTMB, UTSW, etc. Tell me about 'em.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

da8s0859q

Curious as to what the thinking is in general about which schools have what kind of "feeling" about them.

I am a TX resident and am currently applying to 6 of our MD programs (excluding Baylor and Paul Foster @ El Paso). I hate having to do an AMCAS for just Baylor and maybe a few OOS schools, but that's what inspired this thread.

I guess I should start. This is all based on the very little I've seen on these schools, so caveat lector / please add your thoughts.

• UTMB, Galveston: more or less easy going; scheduling is love or hate.
  • TAMU HSC, College Station: small class sizes appreciated; CS is a very love or hate sort of city (I'm the former, mostly). Pretty friendly atmosphere.
  • Texas Tech, Lubbock: I have no clue.
  • UT, San Antonio: Again, no clue. Have talked to two alumni who liked it.
  • UTSW, Dallas: Like Baylor in terms of numbers and such, but more friendly.
  • UT, Houston: No clue.
  • Texas Tech / Paul Foster, El Paso: N/A (EY 2009 = first class)
  • Baylor: closest thing to approaching a more gunner-based class in the state by virtue of its higher matriculant statistics. Solid academically, good name recognition (and, for those who care, enjoys a nice place on the USNews ranks).

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
With apologies to you and the gunner reference, of course. You'll be one of the good guys. :laugh:

It's just that actually interviewing at these places changes your perception of these schools a LOT. So I'd just prefer you'd wait until then. Speculation before is kind of throwing fuel into the fire of the SDN flame wars.

True, but it's something for me to toss around while I'm still in the very early pre-submission stage of all this.

And it makes me feel better about not taking the time to go AMCAS my way into ten other OOS schools.

College Station is okay, yes - very friendly. However, after 4 years of undergrad here I can't wait to leave.....traffic is HORRIBLE for not being a big city and on-campus parking = non-existent. The medical school is nice, when I interviewed there it seems quite homely. I think they have some parking specified to Med Students, but if not I'll just warn you that parking on campus is really sparse. It probably is like that at most colleges though, I have only gone here.

Lubbock - I'm from the Panhandle and I never, ever want to go back. Ever. Did I mention I'm never going back (unless of course only Tech accepted me, lol). I hate Lubbock, the town is just awkward. Panhandle weather is annoying (it literally changes hourly - I once played in a golf tournament where it snowed in the morning and by the afternoon we were in short sleeves and it was 60+ degrees), it's windy, the land is dry.....it smells like cows. The medical school is good if you can deal with the aforementioned crap (ha, no pun intended - =P)

That's the only first-hand experiences I have for you.

Curious as to what the thinking is in general about which schools have what kind of "feeling" about them.

I am a TX resident and am currently applying to 6 of our MD programs (excluding Baylor and Paul Foster @ El Paso). I hate having to do an AMCAS for just Baylor and maybe a few OOS schools, but that's what inspired this thread.

I guess I should start. This is all based on the very little I've seen on these schools, so caveat lector / please add your thoughts.

• TAMU HSC, College Station: small class sizes appreciated; CS is a very love or hate sort of city (I'm the former, mostly). Pretty friendly atmosphere.
  • Baylor: closest thing to approaching a more gunner-based class in the state by virtue of its higher matriculant statistics. Solid academically, good name recognition (and, for those who care, enjoys a nice place on the USNews ranks).

I interviewed everywhere in TX (exclude Baylor). Matched at first choice. Below is my BIASED opinion

UTMB: I liked it. Love the curriculum. Cost of living is pretty high (few nice apartments and they are expensive). Have to watch out for tropical storms. Smells like fish. Good board scores. Ranked them 3rd. Two thumbs up

Texas Tech, Lubbock: My first choice. Weather is not my favorite at all (didn't even know what a dust storm was until I got here). Brand NEW med school building and brand new clinic! It doesn't get any nicer. Cost of living is NOTHING. Housing is super cheap. Faculty is super nice. Curriculum is amazing (kind of similar to UTMB - ish). Lubbock living is the lowest stress in my opinion. There is NO rush hour. You get to use all of the undergrads facilities. Longest summer of any med school in TX. Overall, just a chill place to learn medicine. Two thumbs up.

Tex A&M: Very primary care oriented. Older facilities (at least when I interviewed). Small class size. Not sure what it is, but I didn't like the vibe there. Students that showed up to speak with us were incredibly boring (not many showed up however so probably not representative). I have friends that have since gone here and have liked it so who knows. Ranked 7th. One thumb down.

UTHSCSA: Friend that goes there said they have the most class hours of any med school in the U.S. I like the city. Cost of living is average. Good cultural activities. I liked the campus. It was my 2nd choice. Two thumbs up.

UTSW: I thought the faculty I interviewed with were incredibly snobby. One told me 3 times how many award winning faculty they had. Who cares???? The other kept giving me life advise and how med school kills relationships. They were just plain creepy. The students were a lot more pleasant than I have heard; however, most that I talked to said the place was pretty high stress. I loved the students! Cost of living can be expensive. Dallas is fast-paced. Facilities were pretty dated. Ranked 4th. One thumb up

UT-H: No parking available for med students in years 1 & 2. You ride the trolley. Higher cost of living than other cities in TX. TX Med Center is nice, but in my opinion, not worth the high stress of living in that part of Houston (and I'm born and raised in Houston). Ranked 5th. One thumb down

TCOM: Not a fan of the stigma associated with the degree. School was very positive with nice students. Their summer break was the shortest in TX. I love Fort Worth though. Ranked 6th. One thumb down.

UTSW: Prestigious school, and they let you know it from the minute you step on the campus until the day is over. But the funny thing is, even though the snootiness can be a turn-off, you start to realize that they kind of have reason to be so snooty. Had the most gunner-ish, competitive atmosphere I saw off any Texas school (with one student whispering "Run - save yourself while you can!"), but could definately look past that considering how amazing the school was.

TCOM: Very impressed by the curriculum and the anatomy lab. Not so much by the clinical facilities or Forth Worth. But the people (faculty and students) were amazingly amiable and humble. Was also very impressed with the DO curriculum, although there was a hint of an inherent "inferiority complex" from the constant need to reiterate why DO was just as good as MD.

Tech: Very laid back, and students were very cool. Faculty was nice, down-to-earth, and genuine. Strong concern, it seemed, in rural and West Texas health issues. In the end, loved the school but just could not see living in Lubbock as a possibility.

UTHSCSA: Good marks on city (which was very surprising), students, faculty, facilities, and clinical affiliations. However, the curriculum and amount of time to be spent in class made going here very unappealing.

TAMHSC: By far, the nicest combination of students, faculty, and administration in the state. Even as a "T-sip," felt very comfortable on the campus and among the students. Small size was very appealing, and the prospect of doing 2 years in CS and 2 years in Temple, CS, Round Rock, or Corpus was very intriguing. Scott & White was, surprisingly,completely mind blowing and the simulation lab (actually a mini-hospital) was the most impressive of any school visited in the country.

UT-H: Amazing students. Kind, genuine, and fun people who sometimes cause you to forget they are in school to become doctors. Would characterize as the "party school" of Texas medical schools. MD Anderson speaks for itself, and other clinical affiliations were equally impressive. But the grandeur of the TMC, at times, seemed daunting and easy for a student to become lost in. Faculty and administration was quite impressive in terms of student support (second only to A&M).

BCM: By far and hands down, the single most impressive program in the state of Texas. High levels of gunnerism, but students generally seemed to be happier than at UTSW. Even with the prestige, there was also less of a "we're amazing because we're BCM" atmosphere and more of a "we will prepare you to be a superior clinician and leader in medicine" vibe. Really felt that they believed that every BCM graduate would, in some way, "change the world." Clinical affiliations were beyond reproach. And, for some reason, the TMC seemed smaller and less daunting as a BCM than as a UTH student.

UTMB: Amazing student atmosphere. Was very laid back and non-competitive. Had a "we're in this medicine thing together" vibe to it. They seemed to push studying for and blowing out the Step 1 HARD from day one of MS-1. Loved the old feel of the campus and the unique student life. Can't say enough about the diversity of the campus (students, faculty, and staff) and how much that added to the general atmosphere. They think that PBL is the greatest thing since sliced bread, although some of the students don't seem to agree. Not a fan of the island, but school was definately a gem.

Foster: Expect nothing but good things. A school in Texas on the board and with a focus on board health issues has been a LONG time coming and is a welcomed addition to the Texas medical school family...

* Disclaimer: Don't take anyone's opinion on the schools too seriously. There's a reason they make t-shirts in 50 billion different colors. Investigate these places for yourself and find your own personal "niche." The great thing about Texas is that we have some of the top schools and hospitals in the country, and there is a medical school environment for everyone's personality!

Reactions: 1 user
TAMHSC: By far, the nicest combination of students, faculty, and administration in the state. Even as a "T-sip," felt very comfortable on the campus and among the students. Small size was very appealing, and the prospect of doing 2 years in CS and 2 years in Temple, CS, Round Rock, or Corpus was very intriguing. Scott & White was, surprisingly,completely mind blowing and the simulation lab (actually a mini-hospital) was the most impressive of any school visited in the country.

Agreed - that place is really amazing. When we were there they had it turned into a war unit in case of foreign attack with nuclear weapons....all the mannequins had on camo outfits! lol

UTSW: Prestigious school, and they let you know it from the minute you step on the campus until the day is over. But the funny thing is, even though the snootiness can be a turn-off, you start to realize that they kind of have reason to be so snooty. Had the most gunner-ish, competitive atmosphere I saw off any Texas school (with one student whispering "Run - save yourself while you can!"), but could definately look past that considering how amazing the school was.

TCOM: Very impressed by the curriculum and the anatomy lab. Not so much by the clinical facilities or Forth Worth. But the people (faculty and students) were amazingly amiable and humble. Was also very impressed with the DO curriculum, although there was a hint of an inherent "inferiority complex" from the constant need to reiterate why DO was just as good as MD.

Tech: Very laid back, and students were very cool. Faculty was nice, down-to-earth, and genuine. Strong concern, it seemed, in rural and West Texas health issues. In the end, loved the school but just could not see living in Lubbock as a possibility.

UTHSCSA: Good marks on city (which was very surprising), students, faculty, facilities, and clinical affiliations. However, the curriculum and amount of time to be spent in class made going here very unappealing.

UT-H: Amazing students. Kind, genuine, and fun people who sometimes cause you to forget they are in school to become doctors. Would characterize as the "party school" of Texas medical schools. MD Anderson speaks for itself, and other clinical affiliations were equally impressive. But the grandeur of the TMC, at times, seemed daunting and easy for a student to become lost in. Faculty and administration was quite impressive in terms of student support (second only to A&M).

BCM: By far and hands down, the single most impressive program in the state of Texas. High levels of gunnerism, but students generally seemed to be happier than at UTSW. Even with the prestige, there was also less of a "we're amazing because we're BCM" atmosphere and more of a "we will prepare you to be a superior clinician and leader in medicine" vibe. Really felt that they believed that every BCM graduate would, in some way, "change the world." Clinical affiliations were beyond reproach. And, for some reason, the TMC seemed smaller and less daunting as a BCM than as a UTH student.

UTMB: Amazing student atmosphere. Was very laid back and non-competitive. Had a "we're in this medicine thing together" vibe to it. They seemed to push studying for and blowing out the Step 1 HARD from day one of MS-1. Loved the old feel of the campus and the unique student life. Can't say enough about the diversity of the campus (students, faculty, and staff) and how much that added to the general atmosphere. They think that PBL is the greatest thing since sliced bread, although some of the students don't seem to agree. Not a fan of the island, but school was definately a gem.

Foster: Expect nothing but good things. A school in Texas on the board and with a focus on board health issues has been a LONG time coming and is a welcomed addition to the Texas medical school family...

* Disclaimer: Don't take anyone's opinion on the schools too seriously. There's a reason they make t-shirts in 50 billion different colors. Investigate these places for yourself and find your own personal "niche." The great thing about Texas is that we have some of the top schools and hospitals in the country, and there is a medical school environment for everyone's personality!

Wow, thanks for that. Grain of salt and everything, sure, but that's kind of what I'm after. Definitely reinforces my little biases towards A&M / TTU / UTSW, but hopefully I'll be interviewing at these places...

I'd apply to Baylor cuz it's a freaking sweet school. Honestly, doing the AMCAS after TMDSAS is nothing, because while TMDSAS hasn't changed their website in the last 200 years, AMCAS has gone modern! It's much easier to navigate.

Why Baylor is sweet:
1) shorter basic sciences. you complete your core rotations before applying to residency. you have tons of time to do electives/abroad stuff in 4th year as a result.
2) TMC. Enough said. I think it's incredibly unique in that you do rotations at 4 different hospitals (county, VA, Texas Childrens for peds, and St. Luke's for private.)
3) the students? I met some really cool ones. It lessened my fear about the reputed "nerdiness" of Baylor students.
4) Beautiful facilities for basic science years as well
5) Did I mention the TMC? Cancer research at MD Anderson....any specialty you could ever want to shadow ever..
6) I like Houston weather.

UT-SW: most competitive. Kept talking about how great Parkland was. I'm sure it's great, but it's not the bestest thing in the world. I hate Dallas. Totally biased opinion here.
UTMB: Totally chill & relaxed. Loved the kids I met. Morning classes like at Baylor. Galveston kinda smells though. Haha! Can do your last 2 years in Austin.
UTSA: Eh. I didn't love it. Again, totally biased. I don't even know what to tell you about why I didn't like it.
UT-H: Longer days. Really happy, outgoing, fun-loving students. Great new facilities. Memorial Hermann is pretty sweet. Interview day was extremely impressive - best lunch I had. Not too impressed with conservative curriculum though.

I didn't apply to A&M or Tech.

Last edited:
at my UTSW interview the students/faculty kept bringing up "hey we aren't as cutthroat and gunnerish as our reputation says we are, those are just rumors!" keep in mind that this was completely unsolicited. It's not like somebody asked...definitely put me off. its the fact that they use grades and curve students against each other.

Well, I think all the Tx schools use grade "bands" if you will, they just differ in name, number, and width. Would be nice if they adopted P/F for preclin. If iirc, only Biochem at utsw is actually curved in the strict sense.

Members don't see this ad :)
>_<

*see above biases as to why I dislike threads like this. Some people take these opinions with MORE than a grain of salt, and it saddens me* :(

Well, I think all the Tx schools use grade "bands" if you will, they just differ in name, number, and width. Would be nice if they adopted P/F for preclin. If iirc, only Biochem at utsw is actually curved in the strict sense.

Texas Tech is H, P, MP, F and they don't curve you down.

Marginal Pass is something new to identify those that need extra help for Step 1. For my class, it is something for admin to look at (not on transcripts). So only H, P, F for us. They are debating the MP as we speak for later years.

I am definitely happy with how non-competitive our class is. For this upcoming final, 1 person e-mailed the entire class every objective answered (21 pages). Another student did ppt. questions for the class to study, and a third student came up with a High Yield fact sheet. All were sent to the class.......and this is not uncommon here.

Texas Tech is H, P, MP, F and they don't curve you down.

Marginal Pass is something new to identify those that need extra help for Step 1. For my class, it is something for admin to look at (not on transcripts). So only H, P, F for us. They are debating the MP as we speak for later years.

I like that. Anything closer to P/F sounds nice haha. UTMB is the same, at least semantically, except they add in an HP. Does anybody curve down anymore? Even UTSW has numerical cutoffs for grades, with the possible exception of biochem, iirc. I didn't int at TT, how do you guys know which campus you go to for clinicals? Isn't there like 3 or so of them?

I am definitely happy with how non-competitive our class is. For this upcoming final, 1 person e-mailed the entire class every objective answered (21 pages). Another student did ppt. questions for the class to study, and a third student came up with a High Yield fact sheet. All were sent to the class.......and this is not uncommon here.

Yeah, but that happens at every school. We do it. UTSW kids do it too. Is there difference in the extent? Who knows.

at my UTSW interview the students/faculty kept bringing up "hey we aren't as cutthroat and gunnerish as our reputation says we are, those are just rumors!" keep in mind that this was completely unsolicited. It's not like somebody asked...definitely put me off. its the fact that they use grades and curve students against each other.

every applicant i've come across has asked about the cutthroat/gunner rumors, so it's no surprise that people here would want to address that garbage before it gets asked.

As for the grading, the curve is so not an issue the first two years except in the biochem course, and even then you're not curved downward. In the MS2 year we have some very reasonable absolute cutoffs for A's (with potential for downward adjustment), so curves aren't an issue. However in MS3, in some of your rotations, students are ranked and grades are distributed 20/30/40/10% A/B+/B/C, which is similar to an Honors/High Pass/Pass/Marginal Pass system I guess.

this isn't really the time to be thinking about this. you'll have a whole month after your 5/23 MCAT retake, which needs to be much better than what you're working with. spend less time on SDN and more time on MCAT.

no offense, just bringing the truth :thumbup:

every applicant i've come across has asked about the cutthroat/gunner rumors, so it's no surprise that people here would want to address that garbage before it gets asked.

As for the grading, the curve is so not an issue the first two years except in the biochem course, and even then you're not curved downward. In the MS2 year we have some very reasonable absolute cutoffs for A's (with potential for downward adjustment), so curves aren't an issue. However in MS3, in some of your rotations, class grades are ranked and scores are distributed 20/30/40/10% A/B+/B/C, which is similar to an Honors/High Pass/Pass/Marginal Pass system I guess.

Besides the fact that the rumor itself is 10 years old, I dislike how it keeps popping up time and time again.

I like that. Anything closer to P/F sounds nice haha. UTMB is the same, at least semantically, except they add in an HP. Does anybody curve down anymore? Even UTSW has numerical cutoffs for grades, with the possible exception of biochem, iirc. I didn't int at TT, how do you guys know which campus you go to for clinicals? Isn't there like 3 or so of them?

Yeah, but that happens at every school. We do it. UTSW kids do it too. Is there difference in the extent? Who knows.

We have 4 campuses now, and you pretty much have your choice. Years that a lot of Tech undergrads get accepted causes a bit of competition to stay in Lubbock. Midway through 2nd year, we even have the option to switch if we want.

What prep do yall get for Step 1 that is paid for by UTMB?

this isn't really the time to be thinking about this. you'll have a whole month after your 5/23 MCAT retake, which needs to be much better than what you're working with. spend less time on SDN and more time on MCAT.

no offense, just bringing the truth :thumbup:

None taken.

And hey, with a 6 on BS, it'd be awfully damn hard for me to screw up even worse the second time (WITH the benefit of the rest of gen bio). :D

Hey now, when I was there I saw an MS1 trip and 3 fellow students beat and kick him till he urinated submissively. And we all know they get the meat for the "traditional" int day sandwiches by grinding up the MS4's who didn't get into a top 20 residency in their field. Its common knowledge.

Jokes aside, I have met people who really believe that you guys steal each other's laptops, etc. Kinda sad really. I can only imagine the rumors they ask ya'll about haha.

We have 4 campuses now, and you pretty much have your choice. Years that a lot of Tech undergrads get accepted causes a bit of competition to stay in Lubbock. Midway through 2nd year, we even have the option to switch if we want.

What prep do yall get for Step 1 that is paid for by UTMB?

Amarillo, El Paso, Lubbock, and....Odessa maybe???? Don't know the answer to your question...too far off to think about it hehe. What are they hooking you guys up with?

Lubbock - I'm from the Panhandle and I never, ever want to go back. Ever. Did I mention I'm never going back (unless of course only Tech accepted me, lol). I hate Lubbock, the town is just awkward. Panhandle weather is annoying (it literally changes hourly - I once played in a golf tournament where it snowed in the morning and by the afternoon we were in short sleeves and it was 60+ degrees), it's windy, the land is dry.....it smells like cows. The medical school is good if you can deal with the aforementioned crap (ha, no pun intended - =P)

That's the only first-hand experiences I have for you.

I am also from the panhandle but have lived in Atlanta for the last few years- I am going to apply to Tech but Lubbock is smaller and certainly not metro. I would however love to go back and be around family (almost everyone is in Amarillo) but I do have several relatives (including my fav cousin) in Lubbock. So my assessment is small town, crazy weather, GREAT mexican food, and a good place to be if you don't want to be too distracted from school. Must love WIDE open spaces to enjoy it though- but sunsets there are to die for!

I think it is personal- I love the panhandle and if I am to have kids I would love to raise them in the area because there is a ton to do and I had a lot of opportunities in Amarillo for relatively little cost (I did sports, horseback riding, and numerous other activities)...

I am also from the panhandle but have lived in Atlanta for the last few years- I am going to apply to Tech but Lubbock is smaller and certainly not metro. I would however love to go back and be around family (almost everyone is in Amarillo) but I do have several relatives (including my fav cousin) in Lubbock. So my assessment is small town, crazy weather, GREAT mexican food, and a good place to be if you don't want to be too distracted from school. Must love WIDE open spaces to enjoy it though- but sunsets there are to die for!

I think it is personal- I love the panhandle and if I am to have kids I would love to raise them in the area because there is a ton to do and I had a lot of opportunities in Amarillo for relatively little cost (I did sports, horseback riding, and numerous other activities)...

Want some sunset company? I wanna see. I've seen some gorgeous ones - over the water here on the gulf coast, over the desert in Vegas, etc. - but not panhandle stuff.

(I can't believe I'm considering sunsets as a pro for applying to TTUHSC. Wait, yes, yes I can.)

Hey now, when I was there I saw an MS1 trip and 3 fellow students beat and kick him till he urinated submissively. And we all know they get the meat for the "traditional" int day sandwiches by grinding up the MS4's who didn't get into a top 20 residency in their field. Its common knowledge.

Jokes aside, I have met people who really believe that you guys steal each other's laptops, etc. Kinda sad really. I can only imagine the rumors they ask ya'll about haha.

Amarillo, El Paso, Lubbock, and....Odessa maybe???? Don't know the answer to your question...too far off to think about it hehe. What are they hooking you guys up with?

Yeah Midland/Odessa is now a 4th option. For Step 1, the school is buying us 6 months of USMLE World QBank, and 6 CBSE tests that predict your score. I was just wondering what other schools were doing. I heard a bunch of UTMB kids pay out of pocket for a WYNTK course. Heard anything on this?

Want some sunset company? I wanna see. I've seen some gorgeous ones - over the water here on the gulf coast, over the desert in Vegas, etc. - but not panhandle stuff.

(I can't believe I'm considering sunsets as a pro for applying to TTUHSC. Wait, yes, yes I can.)

I'm a guy and could care less about sunsets. I think our biggest social draw is the undergrad association. We get intramurals with the undergrad, the HUGE rec facility (10 b-ball courts or so, top of the line gym, free aerobics classes for the ladies, FREE tickets to every sporting event).

For people using their own dollar to pay for medical school, seriously consider TTUHSC. Housing is cheaper than anywhere else I've seen, no gym membership needed, weekend events (sporting events, undergrad events, numerous parks etc.) are free, and less gas money needed (you can get anywhere in town within 12 minutes). I pay $600/month for a nice 2 bedroom/2 bath townhouse (live alone) that includes a backyard, covered parking, w/d, and 1000 sq. ft. I love it!

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah Midland/Odessa is now a 4th option. For Step 1, the school is buying us 6 months of USMLE World QBank, and 6 CBSE tests that predict your score. I was just wondering what other schools were doing. I heard a bunch of UTMB kids pay out of pocket for a WYNTK course. Heard anything on this?
Over at UTH, we have a fantastic WYNTK course taught by the same guy (I think) who does the one at UTMB. It only costs $550. There are 15 classes, 4.5 hours each and you also get 40 review questions sent to you each week through email. I think 90% of the class each year signs up for it. It's a good deal. We also get 6 months of Qbank free, too.

I just checked the WYNTK website and it's offered in Dallas, Houston, Galveston, and San Antonio. Since none of the dates conflict, I'm again sure it's the same guy teaching it. He must be rolling in the dough...

I'm a guy and could care less about sunsets. I think our biggest social draw is the undergrad association. We get intramurals with the undergrad, the HUGE rec facility (10 b-ball courts or so, top of the line gym, free aerobics classes for the ladies, FREE tickets to every sporting event).

For people using their own dollar to pay for medical school, seriously consider TTUHSC. Housing is cheaper than anywhere else I've seen, no gym membership needed, weekend events (sporting events, undergrad events, numerous parks etc.) are free, and less gas money needed (you can get anywhere in town within 12 minutes). I pay $600/month for a nice 2 bedroom/2 bath townhouse (live alone) that includes a backyard, covered parking, w/d, and 1000 sq. ft. I love it!

I'm a guy and actually enjoy such things. A questionable advertisement on SDN, but hey, I'm a firearms / skydiving / etc. fan all the same.

And that's remarkable, your living setup. Definitely food for thought - hopefully - if/when it comes to that for me.

Honey, it is caveat emptor not caveat lector, but Vanderbilt sounds perfect for you, if you have the clothes. Do not go to Vanderbilt if you look like crap, though. If you look like crap, you will be very unhappy at Vanderbilt. I have no idea how you look, but hopefully, you look really good, like Jenna Bush. Is Jenna's sister getting married, or is she just a crazy old maid? God , you would think the President of the United States could find respectable guys for both girls, but apparently not.

Honey, it is caveat emptor not caveat lector, but Vanderbilt sounds perfect for you, if you have the clothes. Do not go to Vanderbilt if you look like crap, though. If you look like crap, you will be very unhappy at Vanderbilt. I have no idea how you look, but hopefully, you look really good, like Jenna Bush. Is Jenna's sister getting married, or is she just a crazy old maid? God , you would think the President of the United States could find respectable guys for both girls, but apparently not.

Hold on. Roger Clemens could date the other Bush sister. No, wait, that won't work, she is older than 15 years old so she is disqualified. Who was the Yellow Rose of Texas? I think she is related to Lyndon Johnson. Well, Vietnam, that was a great war, unless you were in it. GOOD MORNING VIETNAM!

Hold on. Roger Clemens could date the other Bush sister. No, wait, that won't work, she is older than 15 years old so she is disqualified. Who was the Yellow Rose of Texas? I think she is related to Lyndon Johnson. Well, Vietnam, that was a great war, unless you were in it. GOOD MORNING VIETNAM!
are you high?

Caveat lector, honey. You are reading my post, not buying it - hence "caveat lector," not "caveat emptor." :thumbup:

As to that second post... wow. :laugh:

are you high?

No, I am just a sports fan. Do I wish that Clemens did not date 15 year old girls who became country singers? Yes. Do I wish that George's other daughter had a respectable guy to date. Yes. Do I wish that we were not in Iraq? Yes. Do I wish that LBJ had not expanded the war in Vietnam so our country had 50,000 casualties of war, of course. So sure, good morning Vietnam, and Robin Williams.