Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

texas med schools

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by asdasd12345, Apr 14, 2004.

1. asdasd12345

asdasd12345 Membership Revoked
    Removed

anyone know if there are any med schools in texas that are easy to get into for residents?

2. vr4nut

vr4nut Member
    7+ Year Member

You are in luck my friend. Texas is arguably one of the best states to live in if you want to go to med school. They have 7 or 8 schools on the TMDSAS (one of them is DO) and then there's Baylor. I think I read somewhere that about 42% of in-state TX applicants get accepted to some school. Plus, TX schools are almost the cheapest in the nation. I was lucky to be accepted to a TX school from out of state - TX rocks! Good luck with your pursuit, you have lots of options easily available to you.

3. Gleevec

Gleevec Peter, those are Cheerios
    7+ Year Member

Pretty much all the schools save Baylor and UTSW are considered easier to get into for TX residents. The thing is, all these schools are GREAT, regardless of their selectivity, as they all have very good patient volume and are generally located in areas where you will get a lot of hands on experience.

The match also helps Texans out because it insulates applicants from out-of-staters (as well as the 90% threshold established for all TX public schools). Plus, the match helps to avoid the May 15 problem in terms of having to wait that long to hear if a spot is open, since it forces all TX students to only take 1 acceptance.