Texas Medical Schools... How long did you wait to hear about interviews.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bail5918

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My application was verified and sent out to the Texas schools Oct 23rd. I got an interview from Houston and I am waiting for more. I am just curious how long it took for interview invites from those of you who have had the privilege.

Also, if you have already interviewed, if you are comfortable with talking about it, please do. My Houston interview in on Dec. 20th. I am crazy amounts of excited. yet nervous. Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Go to the interview feedback section of SDN, they have lots of good info there. However, I have found all TX school interviews to be laid and relaxed. They want to sell the school to you.

The other schools take a bit longer to get back to you, more like a month to 6 weeks. Be prepared, San Antonio only gives you barely 2 weeks notice, they interview on Mondays.

I have been invited for two interviews - one of which I have already had (San Antonio), the other is next week (Houston). For each interview, I was given a 2-week notice, but that is what it was like last year when I applied. That is the typical time line for invitations to Texas residents.

My San Antonio interview was very relaxed; I think I laughed more during one of the interviews than I did actually answer questions! They don't really try to interrogate you. However, I don't think Houston will be quite that informal. They like to ask thought-provoking questions, so be prepared!

Members don't see this ad :)
bail

My application was processed mid-August. I got my Houston interview about 2 weeks later, my Southwestern interview 3 weeks later and my Galveston interview after 5 or 6 weeks. All of the interviews were laid back, and the students at Houston seemed to have a close class.

Thank you very much, all of you, for your replies. Much appreciated, especially the interview forum. I didn't even know it existed. I only found out about this website a few days ago. Good luck to all of you. It is inspiring to see such heartfelt and compassionate future doctors out there. Thanks again.