texas permanent

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sweetalkr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Curious

I am going to fellowship in texas and i am applying for my permanent license so i can moonlight, etc.

anyone go through this process? any tips?
i just spent 850$ and i am looking at hours of paperwork, run around, and i have to take a texas Jurisprudence test also?

also, i need a permanent to moonlight, right? I really don't want it but i guess i need it

Members don't see this ad.

Curious

I am going to fellowship in texas and i am applying for my permanent license so i can moonlight, etc.

anyone go through this process? any tips?
i just spent 850$ and i am looking at hours of paperwork, run around, and i have to take a texas Jurisprudence test also?

also, i need a permanent to moonlight, right? I really don't want it but i guess i need it

I have Jurisprudence study guide from when I took at end of 2008
you do need to study it a bit
let me know if interested

I still have my jurisprudence book too, but probably the rules about trephining and applying leeches have changed somewhat since I took the exam. Actually, although all the stuff drained out of my head as soon as I put my wax tablet and stylus down, the book (papyrus scroll actually) has been very useful over the years.

Have you spoken with the Board about these questions? If the temp license is limited to the training setting you'll probably need to get the permanent.

Members don't see this ad :)
i am SOOO glad that i read that jurisprudence textbook TWICE before taking that test.... it was a hard test when i took it (a few years ago) primarily because of the nonsensical, convoluted questions with a ton of legalese... not designed for medical people whatsoever...

Everyone that replied, thank you very much for the info. I am going to get my permanent so I can moonlight outside of the department in my fellowship and hopefully it will pay back the 2500$ in license fees :rolleyes: