Texas Pharm. Schools Financial Aid Packages

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CatSpam

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have received notification of your award letters for financial aid...could you please tell me about what your award was. I am waiting on Texas A&M Health Science Center feedback but that probably won't come until the middle of July, from what they're telling me.

I'm curious simply for planning purposes.

Thanks,
CatSpam

Members don't see this ad.

From what I was told by financial aid at UT, the awards won't be ready until July. I hope that info is wrong becuase it is hard enough to plan already :( . Are you considered grads or undergrads (for 2 years) at A&M? It is the undergrad status that is really messing with me. If you have a BA/BS the government says they are pretty much done giving you free money (but the Catch 22 is that it is REALLY tough to be competitive in admissions without your degree)!

Best of luck to all :luck: !

CatSpam said:
For those of you who have received notification of your award letters for financial aid...could you please tell me about what your award was. I am waiting on Texas A&M Health Science Center feedback but that probably won't come until the middle of July, from what they're telling me.

I'm curious simply for planning purposes.

Thanks,
CatSpam

Anybody heard anything from Texas A&M about financial aid yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Phantom_Eclipse said:
Anybody heard anything from Texas A&M about financial aid yet?

Phantom,

So far from the financial aid office at the HSC in College Station I've received a survey sheet of sorts that asked me to verify my income status for calendar year 2005 and, separately, a master promissory note and lender selection package. I got those both last Thursday and returned them the next day. They also ask that you go online to complete an online introduction to financial aid which is just the same thing you've had to do every year since you've been getting financial aid.

If you haven't gotten these things yet you need to call them NOW.

CatSpam

Thanks Catspam! I barely got mine yesterday and mailed it today. I seem to be always behind in these things(PIN, and the first packet). If you or anybody else receives any new updates, could ya'll post it here? Thanks!

Phantom_Eclipse said:
Thanks Catspam! I barely got mine yesterday and mailed it today. I seem to be always behind in these things(PIN, and the first packet). If you or anybody else receives any new updates, could ya'll post it here? Thanks!

Yes, I do need to add a few notes...I spoke today (Friday, July 7) with Debra in Financial Aid at the HSC in College Station. She said that we probably will not get our award letters until late July and that our refunds probably will not hit our bank accounts before the first day of class (August 14th). Therefore, anyone who was expecting the moolah anytime before that had better plan on utilizing other resources.

CatSpam

No way! I was just thinking about this after I read another thread in a near-similar situation. This sux! Thanx for the heads-up Catspam!