Texas Pharmacy School Applicants 09

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SR88

Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone receive an interview at any of the Texas schools?
If so...

When did you turn in your application?

When did you receive your invite for the interview?

When did you find out if you were accepted/ rejected?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I haven't yet but I think the letters will come around the end of Jan. or beginning of Feb. Time will tell.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll speak for UH:

If you turned in your app early, say before Christmas break, you probably got an invite for the first interview date which is on Jan 30th provided they liked what they saw. You'll then hear from them 2 weeks after whether you're in, tabled or rejected.

If you turned your app in later then you'll get called later. Email is their preferred means of communication.

Check out the UH 2009 thread for more info. If you don't see the answer to your question, ask away. There are a few of us that can answer them, though unofficially.

Well, guess they didn't like me. Maybe I'll catch a later interview date.

Yea UH has sent out some interview invites.

Has anyone heard anything about Tech interviews?

I turned in my app 2nd week of dec for all the texas schools and have yet to hear from any.

Well, guess they didn't like me. Maybe I'll catch a later interview date.

I wouldn't say that. It's still early in the game. Maybe the slots were full before you turned in your application.

I'll speak for UH:

If you turned in your app early, say before Christmas break, you probably got an invite for the first interview date which is on Jan 30th provided they liked what they saw. .

Yeah, same for UT---but it looks like BOTH universities decided to have their first round of interviews on Jan 30/31. I'm seeing some potential problems here! Last year I sent in my app around Thanksgiving and got in the first round of interviews. Most of the people I know in the first round did finish their applications up to a week before Christmas--then everyone sends in their apps after Christmas and the New Year. UT should be sending out invites this week if they haven't already...but sometimes they run a little behind.

Hey, I just received an interview invitation for UH on February 20th. It's 4 1/2 hours long! Yikes.

I turned my application in October but my letters of recommendation didn't arrive until after the New Year.

^^

Hey, I just received an interview invitation for UH on February 20th. It's 4 1/2 hours long! Yikes.

I turned my application in October but my letters of recommendation didn't arrive until after the New Year.

^^

It is 4 1/2 hours but it goes by quickly.

^^

Hey glory, if it's not too personal... what were your stats? I applied there with a 3.1 and 87 pcat back in november and haven't heard anything today. I'm just wondering what the first round of interviewees have as far as grades go. If you don't feel comfortable stating your grades its cool, I'm just curious.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received my interview invite to UH today! =D

My application to UH was considered complete as of 1/12/09.

Hey glory, if it's not too personal... what were your stats? I applied there with a 3.1 and 87 pcat back in november and haven't heard anything today. I'm just wondering what the first round of interviewees have as far as grades go. If you don't feel comfortable stating your grades its cool, I'm just curious.

Hey pharmplz11, I have 3.9 GPA and 89 PCAT. I think your stats r good enough for at least an interview and the LORs and extracurricular stuff also comes into play alot too. Good luck!

Well dang, make me feel inadequate why don't you? haha, just kidding. Very nice grades though glory, it is no surprise you were the one of the first round picks.

I also received an interview with UH Pharmacy for February 20th. My application was fully completed after Christmas.

I've applied to Texas Tech and UH around November, but I still haven't heard anything from either school.

Yep thats right! I got an invited to interview at Tech!! :D

Got an invite to UT this afternoon! =)

Got an invite to UT this afternoon! =)

Same here, congrats. Tricky part is the scheduling...anyone else in the same boat with an interview at Houston on the 30th and now forced to interview at UT on the 31st? That is going to be one stressful weekend for me :eek:

I turned in my app the first week in December and have an interview on Jan 30th.

Just got my UT interview invite as well!

UT is yeah, they sent one on Friday and will send another on Monday with a link to confirm your interview date.