Texas Rankings

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Buttercup2003

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone would like to share their opinions of the following TX med schools:

UT-Southwestern
UT-Houston
Texas A&M
UT-Galveston

I've already posted my rankings for these schools, but I just wanted to find out a little more about what the pros and cons of each school are from another applicant's perspective.

Thanks and good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

well i think that southwestern has a bigger research interest than the others, and while it may be ranked higher nationally, i have heard the students are not as friendly and down-to-earth and are very cut-throat compared to the others. A&M is a newer program, and the last two years are in temple, so i dont know how people feel about that. uthouston is one of may top pics because of its type of students, they are alot more personable. galveston is good in terms of student attitude also.

What about UT-San Antonio?

I found San Antonio to be on par with both UTMB and UT Houston as far as friendliness of the students, faculty, etc. The only drawback I could find is the lack of a workout facility/gym on campus. Despite that, it's still in my top two choices. BTW, don't forget to submit your rankings by the 15th, TOMORROW!
kevin.