Texas Reapplicant...any info, advice??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dynastar

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am a Texas student, and I applied to medical school last year and did not get in. I believe I had good EC's, a 3.8 GPA, and a 26T MCAT (9V 8P 9B). I received interviews at Tech, Houston, and UTMB. I knew my MCAT wasn't as good as I good do and even some people from the medical schools informed me that my MCAT was more or less THE factor in me not getting in. I also interviewed late (December).

So I've taken the MCAT again. I scored a 31R (11V 10P 10B). I have received interviews from Tech, UTMB, and UTSW. Haven't heard from Houston. Baylor is still a ways away because I'm waiting on AMCAS.

I am currently taking extra science courses because the medical schools said it would be much better to "expand my mind" than to just work.

Anyway, I feel I have a good chance of getting in but I thought I'd ask to see if anyone had any info, advice, or input regarding reapplicants and their chances. Anyone from Texas schools would help also.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.