1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Texas Reapplicant...any info, advice??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Dynastar, Sep 8, 2002.

1. Dynastar

Dynastar Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi,

I am a Texas student, and I applied to medical school last year and did not get in. I believe I had good EC's, a 3.8 GPA, and a 26T MCAT (9V 8P 9B). I received interviews at Tech, Houston, and UTMB. I knew my MCAT wasn't as good as I good do and even some people from the medical schools informed me that my MCAT was more or less THE factor in me not getting in. I also interviewed late (December).

So I've taken the MCAT again. I scored a 31R (11V 10P 10B). I have received interviews from Tech, UTMB, and UTSW. Haven't heard from Houston. Baylor is still a ways away because I'm waiting on AMCAS.

I am currently taking extra science courses because the medical schools said it would be much better to "expand my mind" than to just work.

Anyway, I feel I have a good chance of getting in but I thought I'd ask to see if anyone had any info, advice, or input regarding reapplicants and their chances. Anyone from Texas schools would help also.

Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jot

jot

i'm sure you'll get in this year. goodluck.

4. tryingagain

tryingagain Soon to have no life
    10+ Year Member

december is not late