Texas resident: 4.0 sciGPA, 3.98 cGPA, 511 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lilanj

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My MCAT scores in each section are: C/P 129, CARS 128, B/B 128, P/S 126. And I have a sufficient amount of extracurriculars, volunteer work, and shadowing.

I am applying to all of the Texas medical schools via the TMDSAS website. Ideally, I would like to attend UTMB Galveston. Although I have heard that a 511 MCAT is above average and is comparable to a 32-33, I was hoping that my score would have been slightly higher to be noticeably impressive. But from what others have said, I do not think it is worth it for me to retake the exam.
Since none of my four section scores are below average, and my CARS and science section scores are all near or above the 90th percentile, I am hoping that the TX medical schools may still recognize this as a competitive score. I have heard that some schools may place greater weight upon the C/P and B/B sections

Let me know what ya'll think, especially in regards to the standards of TX med schools. Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.