Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Texas school acceptances before Jan. 15th?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by FourthTime, Nov 14, 2000.

1. FourthTime

FourthTime Member

I have interviewed at 5 schools in Texas and am waiting for the magical Jan. 15th notification date. However, my wife wants to start looking for a job and I was wondering whether or not you could find out where you ranked acceptable before Jan. 15th. Any feedback would be most appreciated.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Kristi

Kristi Senior Member

Sorry, there's no way to find this out before January 15 in the Texas system. I'm sure others have tried and failed. No one finds out early unless it's an early decision program, and most Texas schools don't have those anyway. It's difficult to be patient about this, I know, but it will all be over so quickly, you'll wonder where the time went. I say this in hindsight, because I know that when I was in your shoes, it was really hard to wait. If you've ranked your schools, your wife might look in the cities that your top two schools are located. There's no guarantee, but if you interviewed at five of them, then you're probably a pretty strong applicant. You might match with number one.