Texas schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medical22

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the map in the MSAR book which shows the number of med schools in each state. It shows that Texas only has one, but it doesn't. Can someone explain that to me?

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by TweetyPie:
•medical22,

My MSAR book map shows that the number of Texas schools is 7, which does not include TCOM (D.O. school). My MSAR is the 2002-2003 version, which is the latest.

Hope this helps.

BTW, have any of you Texas people heard from any of the Texas schools(excluding Baylor)?
Have any of you gotten interview invitations yet?•

I have not submitted my premedical committee recommendations to any of the schools yet so I imagine they are waiting on that. They have everything else however.

When did you submit your recommendations to the Texas system? Let us know when you get your first interview invite.

Originally posted by TweetyPie:
•Baylor21,

The TMDSAS got my premedical committee recommendations on 05/25/2001.
I guess I am just getting too anxious about the whole deal :)

Wow you are really on the ball... wish I was on top of the game as you are ;)

Anyways I looked at Texas Tech's website and I think I remember that they start evaluating applications on Aug. 5th, so you should hear from them soon after that I guess if you applied there.

I'm not sure about the other Texas schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my applicant profile from Texas this Friday...

Everything is sent, including letters of rec....

My gosh I was so surprised. Texas schools inflate their GPAs....my gpa is around 3.7...with TExas it jumped to 3.8!!! :eek:

I have finished my secondaries and now I am waiting for interviews.....wish me luck guys :D

Tweetypie I am sorry to hear that :(

Anyway, GPA isn't everything...

I had 11 A-s and only two B+s that is why my gpa jumped up....

it just shows to everyone how random the process is....my gpa on AMCAs actually goes down a little...so go figure? shows how relative grades are!!! :rolleyes:

besides tweety pie...a 3.84 :D that is such a bad gpa (JOKING)....a 3.84 like in the top 8% :) so be happy dude....if u look at the statistics...pple with extremely high gpas like 4.0s have been rejected off the bat...if it is any consolation..ur gpa is still higher than mine :D

best of luck tweetypie ;) what a cute name...