Texas Southern University C/O 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twinturbo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since there's not thread for TSU yet, I guess I'll start it. Congrats to all who got in. Here's to the next 4 years :thumbup:.

Members don't see this ad.

what is summer academy going to be like? it is a 5 week program that is over 5 hrs a day.

why do we have to wait until the last day of summer academy to register for classes?

I have no idea, haha. I wonder what they could possibly tell us that takes 5 weeks to do. I don't even know how we're suppose to dress. I have heard casual is fine, as long as you don't dress like a hobo.

As a former TSU pharmacy school student, I found some information post here are not factual. I was originally Class 2011 and I started my P1 in the fall of 2007. Let me back a little bit, I started my pre med at UHD in 2003 with zero credit hours. I did well at UHD within the top 2% by GPA and earned some scholar money then. At my third year, I was transferred to TSU to switch to pre pharmacy and finished my pre pharmacy course work. I chose TSU not by rumor, nor hear say. I talked to some TSU graduated pharmacists. I heard both pro and con. Basically my comparison between two schools, TSU and UH. My GPA was decent 3.71, but my PCAT score was 64 percentile. I had to consider my odds to be accepted. In the year of 2007 admission, UH students average PCAT score was 86 percentile. I made a right choice not to apply UH. I would lose my application money if I did apply. TSU started pharmacy program in 1947 while UH started their program in 1946. NAPLEX passing rate, UH is 100% while TSU average close to 90%. Folks you have to understand 100% does not mean 100% of particular year class. Even UH pharmacy school never have 100% graduated rate. 10% or 15% of their students will fail. Only the successfully pass their exam would have chance to take NAPLEX exam. make sense folks? I studied 5 years with the TSU pharmacy program because I failed 3 courses at the first semester. I am grateful to be a TSU student because my school helped to pass the courses. For example, TSU spent a lot of money to hire the RxPrep authors to teach lecture each year for P4 students along with several other national famous professors for NAPLEX and RxLaw. One of my classmate, a very smart girl who had 4.0 GPA and 99 percentile PCAT, she chose TSU because it was cheaper. TSU is still cheaper than YH now. I passed my NAPLEX at my first try with 97 and my RxLaw with 87. The pay for a pharmacist is the same for all pharmacist for the same job regardless of the UH or TSU. feel free to ask me question, I promise I will answer you directly without sugar coated. One big difference between TSU and UH, most professors we have at TSU are black professors. Most of them are great, came from decent schools themselves. In TSU, I feel at ease because it seem less politically corrective in TSU because black folks are straight forward, I like it. I am Asian, I felt fit in perfectly. I love my school and I love my professors, most of them.

Reactions: 1 user