This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iknowbest

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wanted to go ahead and start this thread since the cycle has been open since mid-July. Has anyone applied/planned to apply as an early decision applicant? Anyone know the earliest/latest interviews for those applicants? Dr. Solis also notified me that TSU lowered their minimum GPA/PCAT composite score requirements as well. Regular decision applicants chime in as well!

Members don't see this ad.

Wanted to go ahead and start this thread since the cycle has been open since mid-July. Has anyone applied/planned to apply as an early decision applicant? Anyone know the earliest/latest interviews for those applicants? Dr. Solis also notified me that TSU lowered their minimum GPA/PCAT composite score requirements as well. Regular decision applicants chime in as well!

Hi! Yes, I saw that on their website that they lowered it especially for provisional admission. I don't quite understand how you're considered for provisional admission. The GPA requirements they also included the minimum PCAT requirements for each admission, but then under GPA they list PCAT requirements and it does still say 40 is required to apply.

Do ya'll know if I can submit my pharmcas application if my evaluations are still pending?

Members don't see this ad :)
So PharmCas just verified my application, now what?

Is this a all african american school?

Hey guys! I submitted my application early October and everything was verified within that week. If anyone gets an interview post to keep me updated. Thanks guys.

Hey guys, after you finish your supplemental application, did you guys just pay the fee online? Because I don’t have a T number and there’s no spot for me to put my PHARMCAS ID either, so how will they know it’s me when I pay?

Hey guys, after you finish your supplemental application, did you guys just pay the fee online? Because I don’t have a T number and there’s no spot for me to put my PHARMCAS ID either, so how will they know it’s me when I pay?
Before you start the supplemental application it asked you to type in your PharmCas ID, which is how they’re able to identify you. After completion it gives you an option to to pay, so don’t worry about the T number since you’re not a student yet.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi. Did anyone have the interview in October and hear back yet?

Has anyone heard back from TSU?

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my application mid October, and Ms. Davis gave me a call about my pre reqs about a week ago and said that interview invites would go out the next day, and so i waited and didn't receive anything so i gave her a call and she said her computer was down, so I waited about 4 days and still no email.. has anyone gotten anything or know what's going on?

I have not. But a friend of mine already got an interview last Tuesday. So they are handing interviews out. Have you interviewed?
I have interviewed on 10/12. But I have not heard back anything yet.

Does anyone know when TSU send out the acceptance letter?

I had my interview today and Dr. Davis told me that they are trying to send out all the acceptance letters out by this upcoming Monday.

Thats awesome congratulations! What was the interview like? Hopefully they will accept you.
Thanks! The interview is through well, some questions ask about why you choose pharmacy and tsu, introduce abt yourself,...
I am waiting. Hope...hope...

I had my interview today and Dr. Davis told me that they are trying to send out all the acceptance letters out by this upcoming Monday.
How is your interview? Is Dr. Davis told that will call you back to discuss about how the interview, or something like that?
When i finish my interview and go back first floor, a lady told me that in some days, Dr. Davis give a call to discuss about how interview day, and I’m waiting almost 3 weeks , but I have not received the call from Dr. Davis yet?
So I’m worried and stressed for waiting

How is your interview? Is Dr. Davis told that will call you back to discuss about how the interview, or something like that?
When i finish my interview and go back first floor, a lady told me that in some days, Dr. Davis give a call to discuss about how interview day, and I’m waiting almost 3 weeks , but I have not received the call from Dr. Davis yet?
So I’m worried and stressed for waiting
Mine went pretty well. They asked maybe 8-10 questions. And no, I went to go talk to Dr. Davis before my interview and stopped by afterwards to see when I will know if I get accepted or not. She said that on Monday acceptance letter will be going out to those who had an interview.

Mine went pretty well. They asked maybe 8-10 questions. And no, I went to go talk to Dr. Davis before my interview and stopped by afterwards to see when I will know if I get accepted or not. She said that on Monday acceptance letter will be going out to those who had an interview.
Have you heard anything back from school today?

I'm a little late but I had my interview on 10/12. I got a response and was notifed I was accepted in exactly 6 days. It may have helped that I originally applied as an early decision applicant (however I was moved to the regular decision pool), so me applying super early may have played into my favor.

As far as interview questions, they asked why Pharmacy, why TSU, who's your role model, a question about what would you do in the event that you made a poor grade (like how would you respond to that situation), an ethical question about vaccinations and deciding who to give them to, a question about a relevant medical/pharm news topic/issue that's peaked your interest and what you had to say about it, something about Hurricane Harvey and if you experienced anything or did anything to help the community. They also gave me time to ask questions at the very end. It was fairly short and sweet, to the point. Just relax and be yourself is what I'd say; it's simply a conversation. I was informed the interviewers had no prior knowledge about me or my PharmCAS application so that may play in your favor as far as no bias to begin with.

I was told I'd receive a call from Mrs. Davis after the interview with regards to my interview experience and whatnot, but instead I got an email saying I was accepted. So the process/responses may differ for some.

If anyone has any questions juest let me know and I'll do my best to answer!

Last edited:
I'm a little late but I had my interview on 10/12. I got a response and was notifed I was accepted in exactly 6 days. It may have helped that I originally applied as an early decision applicant (however I was moved to the regular decision pool), so me applying super early may have played into my favor.

As far as interview questions, they asked why Pharmacy, why TSU, who's your role model, a question abou what would you do in the event that you made a poor grade (like how would you respond to that situation), an ethical question about vaccinations and deciding who to give them to, a question about a relevant medical/pharm news topic/issue that's peaked your interest and what you had to say about it, something about Hurricane Harvey and if you experienced anything or did anything to help the community. They also gave me time to ask questions at the very end. It was fairly short and sweet, to the point. Just relax and be yourself is what I'd say; it's simply a conversation. I was informed the interviewers had no prior knowledge about me or my PharmCAS application so that may play in your favor as far as no bias to begin with.

I was told I'd receive a call from Mrs. Davis after the interview with regards to my interview experience and whatnot, but instead I got an email saying I was accepted. So the process/responses may differ for some.

What was your stats?

How did you guys do the supplemental application? Did you guys got the official transcript from school? Or, did you guys use unofficial transcript?
Did you guys use the preliminary pcat score for the supplemental application? Or, did you guys use the official pcat score?
Thanks!!!

Attachments

• 7D82EE50-4873-49D8-A107-78873B7C621D.png
    7D82EE50-4873-49D8-A107-78873B7C621D.png
    333.5 KB · Views: 118
How did you guys do the supplemental application? Did you guys got the official transcript from school? Or, did you guys use unofficial transcript?
Did you guys use the preliminary pcat score for the supplemental application? Or, did you guys use the official pcat score?
Thanks!!!
I used unofficial transcript and preliminary pcat score.

As far as interview questions, they asked why Pharmacy, why TSU, who's your role model, a question abou what would you do in the event that you made a poor grade (like how would you respond to that situation), an ethical question about vaccinations and deciding who to give them to, a question about a relevant medical/pharm news topic/issue that's peaked your interest and what you had to say about it, something about Hurricane Harvey and if you experienced anything or did anything to help the community. They also gave me time to ask questions at the very end. It was fairly short and sweet, to the point. Just relax and be yourself is what I'd say; it's simply a conversation. I was informed the interviewers had no prior knowledge about me or my PharmCAS application so that may play in your favor as far as no bias to begin with.

Can I ask what score on your Pcat?

Happy New Year to everyone!
Please, anyone heard back, about an interview?
Thanks!

I'm applying too. Just took the PCAT on the 4th. My second year undergrad was my worst probably. Right now my GPA is at 3.05 with my science GPA at 2.97. I did pretty well with 87 on the PCAT Composite though. Hopefully that makes all the difference.

I also had a question regarding the GPA Calculation. I took Sociology and Psychology, where I had A in both classes. But the Social & Behavioral Science elective is saying that you basically only need one. So will only one of those class count towards my pre-pharm GPA? Or will they both be counted?

Thanks. I’ve emailed them last week and they still haven’t responded to it. I think I might go and give them a visit at TSU. How was the interview like? :)
That's right. It was pretty quick and short compaired to the other one i had earlier. why TSU, Know their curriculum, ethics question, what to do if you perfom poorly,why pharmacy.

That's right. It was pretty quick and short compaired to the other one i had earlier. why TSU, Know their curriculum, ethics question, what to do if you perfom poorly,why pharmacy.
Yay! Got my acceptance letter today! Wishing everyone waiting good luck.

Yay! Got my acceptance letter today! Wishing everyone waiting good luck.
Congrats! I wonder if there’s a Facebook page out there for this class. I’ve seen many were created years before. Maybe too soon right now ha.

Anybody interviewed on Jan 26th got a response??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone gotten an interview for February 6th?
Thanks!

Congrats! I wonder if there’s a Facebook page out there for this class. I’ve seen many were created years before. Maybe too soon right now ha.
I don't know if there's one yet. But i declined the offer since i got accepted at my first college of choice. Wishing you the very best in the program.

I went to the Pharmacy college, and they were so rude and wouldn't even listen to what I had to say lol. Didn't really expect that to be honest, but I guess I'll just keep waiting..
Yes, very unprofessional! I don't know if they are overworked or they're just rude! Nway i declined the offer. Will be attending my first college of choice. Good luck.

I don't know if there's one yet. But i declined the offer since i got accepted at my first college of choice. Wishing you the very best in the program.
What is your first choice college? And, what was your stats? Thanks!