Texas Tech Interviews/Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jenalex11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody heard from Tech yet?

I applied by the early deadline, and haven't heard anything besides that they have received all of the materials. I know its probably too early, but I know that TWU has already been sending interview invites, and their deadline was the same day as Tech's. I'm just wondering if anyone knows any additional information about when they will send out interview invites.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey!! I am so glad you posted. I have been looking for 2011 thread for the longest time. I also applied to Texas Tech, and haven't heard from them. I turned in my entire application other neccessary documents by October 4th. TWU has already sent out interview...

Have you tried calling Tech? I called them several times, and they said, they will be making a decision, end of November to early December. Compared to last years threads it seems to be late..? I am not sure whats going on...lets keep in touch!! lol I seem to only find last years MOT threads..

I heard from tech a couple weeks ago and I was in the group that interviewed this past Saturday (Nov 13th). The group I interviewed with will get a letter (acceptance, denial, or alternate) sent out the beginning of Dec.
Tech said they were going to have more interviews between Dec and Feb.

Members don't see this ad :)
Geek- when did you apply? Also, if you don't mind sharing, what were your credentials?

MOTexas- Do you know if they early deadline was by midnight on Oct. 15 or midnight the 14th? I submitted mine at 1 am the morning of October 15. Maybe we haven't heard yet because we applied closer to the deadline?

Last edited:
Hi, I applied October 4th for Texas Tech and submitted all the other documents right after that, within about a week. I certified mailed everything so I know they received it. i am not sure why we haven't heard back from them just yet. I am guessing also the same thing. maybe because we applied closer to the 15th. That is a little wierd because TWU had the same deadline and I have already heard back from them with an interview offer. Tech is my first choice, so I really hope they give answer soon!!

And i am not sure when the deadline was. I believe it was October 15th at 11:55pm. You can check your merlin account and it says the time up there. I am pretty sure it was 11:55 on the 15th

I applied online the Wednesday before the application was due and I over-nighted all the papers the next day

GPA: 3.6
Hospital volunteer hours: 64 (I did these when I was still in high school)
OT observation Hours: 84 hours at 2 different hospitals
And a I had really great OT I observed under to write one recommendation letter, and an awesome professor who was also my advisor to write the other letter.

They said it was really competitive this year. Don't worry if you don't hear from them soon, they said they might not have the next interview till February. Also know that unlike some of the other schools Tech doesn't contact you through e-mail, I got a phone call inviting me to the interview and all other info will arrive in the mail.

So you applied on October 13th??? and heard back from them when? Because I have 3.3 GPA and 5 settings worth of observation hours and quite a few hours as well. I had great recommendation letters as well. That is weird because I turned in mine October 4th. Did you already get an interview??

I applied on the 13th of Oct. I received a phone call from Texas Tech on Nov 2cd, and was invited to an interview on sat Nov 13. Later that week I received a letter explaining what building the interview would be in and some campus maps. I had my interview on the 13th and was told that I would receive a decision letter in the beginning of December.

Has anyone else heard from them?

I haven't heard anything and called to check on my application. I was told that correspondence was mailed yesterday and that I should receive something in the mail by next week and to call them if I don't get it by next friday. What do you think that means? I'm assuming a thanks-but-no thanks letter, but I'm not sure.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I got my "thanks but no thanks" letter today, so your hunch is probably correct. I could be wrong, but if you haven't heard anything else from them that's not a good sign; I believe they call with their interview invitations. I hope I'm wrong though.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I got my "thanks but no thanks" letter today, so your hunch is probably correct. I could be wrong, but if you haven't heard anything else from them that's not a good sign; I believe they call with their interview invitations. I hope I'm wrong though.

If you don't mind me asking, was your letter a definite rejection, or did it say that they will still be reviewing your application with the others that came after the early deadline?

If you don't mind me asking, was your letter a definite rejection, or did it say that they will still be reviewing your application with the others that came after the early deadline?

It was a definite no.

Members don't see this ad :)
I finally got an interview invitation! I was wondering if anyone that has already interviewed has any tips/advice they're willing to share?

Just for anyone waiting on Tech - I interviewed in Late November and three days later received my acceptance letter. I know that other people also received their acceptance letters within 2-4 days. I am not sure how it works with later applicants, but I do think they're pretty fast getting out those acceptance letters! HTH

Just for anyone waiting on Tech - I interviewed in Late November and three days later received my acceptance letter. I know that other people also received their acceptance letters within 2-4 days. I am not sure how it works with later applicants, but I do think they're pretty fast getting out those acceptance letters! HTH

Would you mind sharing some of the questions the asked during your interview?

Would you mind sharing some of the questions the asked during your interview?

Hello,
I also interviewed for the TTUHSC MOT program in November, and I got my acceptance letter later in the mail that same week. I am trying to remember what all they asked.

The question that stood out in my mind most was something along the lines of, "What does professionalism mean to you"? It may have been "professional communication" or something like that.

They also asked, "how do you handle group work" or something along those lines. I told them that I handled it well. The interviewers said that was a good thing, because there is a lot of collaboration in the program. Another woman in my interview group told me later that she told the interviewers she preferred to work solo. She was kicking herself once she realized this was not the answer they were looking for.

If you haven't already, look online for potential interview questions. Here are some good links:
http://www4.samford.edu/groups/cardev/medquestions.html
http://gradschool.about.com/od/interviews/a/intquest.htm

Also, if you do get an interview, you want to ask them questions too, to indicate that you are interested. Check this out for some really good questions:
https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/requirements/109762/35_questions.html

crystal14:

Thank you!...my interview is actually this saturday. Will you be attending Tech's OT program?

I received my acceptance letter last Wednesday the 29th. Anybody else on here that was in the interviews from a few weekends ago? Look forward to meeting everyone!

Hi guys! I was just wondering for all those who have already interviewed for Texas Tech, what does the interview process consist of? What kind of questions do they ask? Is there an essay? I'm going to do an onsite interview in January so I would like to get an idea about what to expect. Thank you!

Hi,
I did a phone interview and at the end was put on the waiting list. there is an essay part that wants u to answer a set of questions in a particular way as well as some sort of summary. Its no big deal i just feel that doing mine over the phone was a disadvantage. I am glad though for being accepted to TWU Houston. Goodluck.

Congrats on being accepted to TWU! Yes, that's why i decided to do an onsite interview. What kind of questions did they ask you in the interview? If you don't mind me asking.

Hi, Bianco 1
I dont remember much but let me try to remember some of the questions.
1. what will u do better in-terms of your previous academic pursueth that would ensure u succeed in OT academic career?
2. Why OT?
3. Your strengths and weakness as it relates to OT.
Hope this helps.