General Admissions & OTCAS Texas Tech MOT(regular deadline)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Krys

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everybody,
Just wondering if anyone who's applied to the texas tech regular deadline which is Dec 15 has heard back for an interview? Ive heardback from all the other schools I've applied to besides tech so far..so do not know if they are waiting until deadline is up to start contacting for interviews? I recieved an email about having everything complete but have not heard back since.
Any response is greatly appreciated! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I just received my invitation to interview two days ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody that recently interviewed heard back yet?

I just received a letter in the mail today that I was selected as an alternate. This is now the 3rd school I have been waitlisted to :(. Does anyone know how many people are placed on Texas Tech's alternate list?

I just received a letter in the mail today that I was selected as an alternate. This is now the 3rd school I have been waitlisted to :(. Does anyone know how many people are placed on Texas Tech's alternate list?
Hey otgirl1988 when did you interview? I thought they said they were going to email the decisions I'm confused.. And I have no clue they didn't specify how many would be placed on the wait list.. Hey remain positive you never know spots could open up!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey otgirl1988 when did you interview? I thought they said they were going to email the decisions I'm confused.. And I have no clue they didn't specify how many would be placed on the wait list.. Hey remain positive you never know spots could open up!

Hey @Krys: I have a feeling they are emailing acceptances and sending rejection/alternate letters via snail mail. Maybe it's a good sign that you have not received something yet! I interviewed January 31st. Have you sent your most recent transcript (from fall of 2013)? I have a feeling that may be why I wasn't accepted. However, I didn't hear anything about sending the most recent transcript until my interview last week.

@otgirl1988 I interviewed the 25th did you do an onsite interview as well? And yes well I graduated prior to this last semester so everything was finalized transcript wise by then. Did you just graduate this past semester? This waiting game is the worse! I remember her saying in the interview though that everyone they interviewed would not be placed on the alternative list so at least we know it's not something ridiculous like utmb's waiting list!
Hey @Krys: I have a feeling they are emailing acceptances and sending rejection/alternate letters via snail mail. Maybe it's a good sign that you have not received something yet! I interviewed January 31st. Have you sent your most recent transcript (from fall of 2013)? I have a feeling that may be why I wasn't accepted. However, I didn't hear anything about sending the most recent transcript until my interview last week.
ot

Anyone heard anything back from tech that interviewed recently?

Anyone heard anything back from tech that interviewed recently?
Hey @Krys! I'm really surprised that you haven't heard anything. I am sure you will be hearing something soon (when I interviewed on the 25th, they said no longer than two weeks). I actually graduated almost 3 years ago but I just started taking prerequisites last year, so I still have to send in my transcript from last semester.

@otgirl1988 yea me too well they did say we'd hear within a month or so at the latest when I went in to interview. If you interviewed the 25th we might have just talked to each other I interviewed that day too! I hope they give the decisions out sooner rather than later this waiting is the worst lol but maybe a good sign? Ive been checking my email constantly as well as the mail in case they send something that way..Did you finish with all your pre requisites this last semester?

@otgirl1988 yea me too well they did say we'd hear within a month or so at the latest when I went in to interview. If you interviewed the 25th we might have just talked to each other I interviewed that day too! I hope they give the decisions out sooner rather than later this waiting is the worst lol but maybe a good sign? Ive been checking my email constantly as well as the mail in case they send something that way..Did you finish with all your pre requisites this last semester?

Oops! I actually did a Vsee (online) interview on January 31st. I'm not sure why I put the 25th! I really hope you get in! This waiting game is THE WORST!!! I just sent in my "acceptance" of being an alternate today, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed until then! And yes, I did finish up my prereqs last semester.

@otgirl1988 it really is the worst! hopefully we will both know sooner rather than later! its hard to think about anything else lol

I likely will be dropping my spot at Texas Tech in a week or two in favor of a different school! Keep your hopes up! :)

Thank you. Yea I'm trying to remain hopeful I will get in! And best of luck @esi17 in whatever school it is you will be attending :)

Anyone know how many alternates for texas tech? i know that at the interview they said they wouldn't make everyone who interviewed an alternate but didn't specify.

Anyone know how many alternates for texas tech? i know that at the interview they said they wouldn't make everyone who interviewed an alternate but didn't specify.
Hey @Krys! Did you make alternate? I tried calling to ask how many were on the list but they wouldn't specify. I still have not heard anything.

Hey @Krys! Did you make alternate? I tried calling to ask how many were on the list but they wouldn't specify. I still have not heard anything.
Yes @otgirl1988 I made the alternate list and I called as well and they told me that aside from the ones that got accepted from the interviewed batch only some were selected as alternated and others rejected. So it seems like we still have hope for getting in because the list is smaller than other schools lists who make everyone that interviewed an alternate. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed and really hoping for the best! We still have a chance !! I've read a few ppl are giving up their spot for a different school.

Has Anybody on the alternate list heard anything back?