Texas Tech School of Pharmacy Class of 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stabler22

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody, anyone applying to TTUHSC for fall 2018?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yo guys, P1 here. I actually saw the interview rooms being prepared today..ha good luck..btw early decision applicants always get accepted..

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What are the interviews like
1. show up really early in the morning, gets measured for lab jacket
2. sit in a classroom with future colleagues, try to introduce yourself to others
3. meet with student service, IT, faculty.
4. tours. you may bump into P1/P2 students.
5. student service provides lunch to you.
6. interviews.....2 parts: group first, then individual interview. for group interview, you will be put in a room with 4-5 people, you will be presented a case, and all of you will try to work out a solution.
7. you are done around 3-4 pm.

It was good, long day though and in Abilene, Mike told us that we'd get our decision by Wednesday (Edit: tomorrow hopefully). Also, I submitted my application like near the beginning of August I think and got an interview date the last day of early decision.

Last edited:
It was good, long day though and in Abilene, Mike told us that we'd get our decision by Wednesday. Also, I submitted my application like near the beginning of August I think and got an interview date the last day of early decision.
how many people were in the interview group?

Can you give us any advice for group interview,please? I don't know what to expect. I've never had such an interview before.

We only had like 6 people (2 groups) with a person who was observing us and would critique us at the end. The person observing will write down notes at the end, at least for my group when I did it, so you can't really see what you did well or what you could do better until at the end when he/she will verbally tell us as a group how we worked as a team. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to disclose the topic for ours, but it was an ethical dilemma regarding pharmacy where there is no right or wrong answer technically, but the purpose is to create a discussion and to provide some insight. There's only 1 piece of paper (Edit: with the paragraph prompt for discussion) when I did it for 6 people in a small room, so it was kind of hard to pass the paper along to people. Make sure to stay on topic and that everyone contributes. The limit limit I think was 45 minutes but we managed to create a well-thought out discussion I thought within 35 or 40 minutes.

We only had like 6 people (2 groups) with a person who was observing us and would critique us at the end. The person observing will write down notes at the end, at least for my group when I did it, so you can't really see what you did well or what you could do better until at the end when he/she will verbally tell us as a group how we worked as a team. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to disclose the topic for ours, but it was an ethical dilemma regarding pharmacy where there is no right or wrong answer technically, but the purpose is to create a discussion and to provide some insight. There's only 1 piece of paper (Edit: with the paragraph prompt for discussion) when I did it for 6 people in a small room, so it was kind of hard to pass the paper along to people. Make sure to stay on topic and that everyone contributes. The limit limit I think was 45 minutes but we managed to create a well-thought out discussion I thought within 35 or 40 minutes.
Thank you, Mostly-Toastie! This is incredibly informative and useful!

Thank you, Mostly-Toastie! This is incredibly informative and useful!
No problem. If you have some sort of pharmacy experience and a decent conversationalist, it should relatively be a piece of cake, and make sure you talk and contribute as well as everyone else that shows you're a team player as well as a person who can provide his/her own ideas. I'm not sure the next round of interviewees will be the same group size or larger if that affects the amount a person could talk in a given amount of time, but you have plenty of time to think about what to talk about I would think.

Thanks for all of this info! Do you know if they have a copy of our personal statement or any other app/essay info when interviewing us?

Thanks for all of this info! Do you know if they have a copy of our personal statement or any other app/essay info when interviewing us?
When I did it, there was a professor and a P2 student I think that asked a series of questions which should last about 45 minutes but I think I finished about 15-20 minutes early but other people finished around the same time as I had. They don't have any other information about you so feel free to brag about yourself during that time.

Reactions: 3 users
Hello, I applied as regular decision but I got an interview for Sept. 29. I will be going to the interview at Abilene.

I wonder if the interview group is always around that size
I'm not entirely sure. Ive been told they generally accept a large percentage of the incoming class during this time. If that holds true, I would imagine there would be more than 25 interviews for this next week.

I was really looking forward to the emails yesterday, but I guess not for a while. :(

Hi everyone, I applied September 5 and got an interview for October 13!

Does anyone else have an interview for September 29 at Abilene?
And
Hi everyone, I applied September 5 and got an interview for October 13!
Good luck on your interview! I'll see if I can add anything useful to what Mostly-Toastie said about the interview after this Friday :)

I'm interview this Friday in Abilene! Also this is kind of a silly question but want to be sure all my details are straight. I haven't seen the building so I am not sure how it will be, parking details, where to check in, etc. Does anybody know about that?

I'm interview this Friday in Abilene! Also this is kind of a silly question but want to be sure all my details are straight. I haven't seen the building so I am not sure how it will be, parking details, where to check in, etc. Does anybody know about that?

Honestly, I just parked in front of the building and you really just need your deployment forms. You also don't really need anything extra like a purse or anything because you'll be sitting in a room most of the day minus the tours and moving to different rooms for the interview and the lobby for lunch. For check in, it's right at the front door in the pharmacy building (there's also the nursing building literally next door to it).

I got an email from Mike Schwettmann that said to park in the front of the school and that the only thing we need is the deployment form and some extra paperwork if you’re doing the MBA program.

See you tomorrow! :D