1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Texas Woman's University (TWU) DPT 2018

Discussion in 'Physical Therapy' started by Romazicon, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Romazicon

2+ Year Member

Physical Therapist
    Good morning, afternoon, evening, or goodnight. Whatever time you're reading this :p

I'm wondering who else has applied to TWU for early decision (or has already and is in the program). I applied before the Sept. 1 Deadline and now my Application is being reviewed. I'm just wondering what my chances are to get accepted and if any of you guys have had any similar experience.

I also applied to UT Southwestern (missed early decision deadline) and UNT (Oct. 15 early deadline) both of which have been completed.

My Stats
    University: UT Arlington
    Major: Kinesiology (Clinical Health Professions Track)
    Overall GPA: 4.00
    Pre-Req GPA: 4.00
    GRE: Q157 V145 Writing 4.0 I studied for 4 days. I should've studied more. But early decision deadline was closing in for TWU :( I took it Aug 10, 2014 and scores were sent Aug 20 Pheww..
    Volunteer/ Observation Hours: 400 Outpatient Orthopedics. 42 In-Patient LTAC. 20 Pediatrics (Sports)

Feel free to post anything relating to other DPT programs and your experience :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. okramango

7+ Year Member

Physical Therapist
    FYI, posts like these go in the Pre-PT forum, where you'll probably get a lot more relevant replies :)
    I got into TWU 2 yrs ago through early decision. I believe they require at least a 4.5 writing score for early acceptance (at least the year that I applied), but if you don't get in through early decision you have a great chance getting in through regular admission due to your outstanding GPA. Good luck!

4. Romazicon

2+ Year Member

Physical Therapist
    Thanks for the tips. Didn't realize I was in the wrong section :( I was browsing and got lost Haha! Thanks for the information! I hope I get in. :O