1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Texas Woman's University (TWU) DPT 2018

Discussion in 'Physical Therapy' started by Romazicon, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Romazicon

2+ Year Member

Physical Therapist
    Good morning, afternoon, evening, or goodnight. Whatever time you're reading this :p

I'm wondering who else has applied to TWU for early decision (or has already and is in the program). I applied before the Sept. 1 Deadline and now my Application is being reviewed. I'm just wondering what my chances are to get accepted and if any of you guys have had any similar experience.

I also applied to UT Southwestern (missed early decision deadline) and UNT (Oct. 15 early deadline) both of which have been completed.

My Stats
    University: UT Arlington
    Major: Kinesiology (Clinical Health Professions Track)
    Overall GPA: 4.00
    Pre-Req GPA: 4.00
    GRE: Q157 V145 Writing 4.0 I studied for 4 days. I should've studied more. But early decision deadline was closing in for TWU :( I took it Aug 10, 2014 and scores were sent Aug 20 Pheww..
    Volunteer/ Observation Hours: 400 Outpatient Orthopedics. 42 In-Patient LTAC. 20 Pediatrics (Sports)

Feel free to post anything relating to other DPT programs and your experience :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. okramango

7+ Year Member

Physical Therapist
    FYI, posts like these go in the Pre-PT forum, where you'll probably get a lot more relevant replies :)
    I got into TWU 2 yrs ago through early decision. I believe they require at least a 4.5 writing score for early acceptance (at least the year that I applied), but if you don't get in through early decision you have a great chance getting in through regular admission due to your outstanding GPA. Good luck!

4. Romazicon

2+ Year Member

Physical Therapist
    Thanks for the tips. Didn't realize I was in the wrong section :( I was browsing and got lost Haha! Thanks for the information! I hope I get in. :O