goyo1010

5+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2010
Houston
www.linkedin.com
Status
Physical Therapist
Hey guys,

Just wondering who got accepted and is attending TWU in Houston for the 2011 Fall semester? I know there aren't that many Texans on these forums... so, I'm just curious to know! :confused:

jbizzle

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2008
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
Hey guys,

Just wondering who got accepted and is attending TWU in Houston for the 2011 Fall semester? I know there aren't that many Texans on these forums... so, I'm just curious to know! :confused:
Do they only accept women??

Nov 13, 2010
Status
Rehab Sci Student
no they accept women and men lol! good question though! i applied to TWU under the november deadline and i'm waiting patiently by my mailbox lol :)

jbizzle

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2008
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
LOL. OK, I actually used wikipedia after I posted that. I wonder how many guys actually attend there. Dang, I wish I did ;) lol

OP
G

goyo1010

5+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2010
Houston
www.linkedin.com
Status
Physical Therapist
LOL. OK, I actually used wikipedia after I posted that. I wonder how many guys actually attend there. Dang, I wish I did ;) lol
rofl. yeah. they accept both men and women. only about 10% of the university population are guys, that's all three campuses together. lol so yeah. :idea:

markitatillman! gl!

Dec 5, 2010
Status
I just received a call from TWU this afternoon informing me that I got into the Houston DPT program!

jbizzle

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2008
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
I just received a call from TWU this afternoon informing me that I got into the Houston DPT program!
congratulations. If you're a guy, double congratulations. Wheres the enthusiasm? Are you excited?

Dec 10, 2010
Status
I got a call today saying I got accepted in to the Houston program....annnnd, I'm a guy. Ha, I'm excited.

OP
G

goyo1010

5+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2010
Houston
www.linkedin.com
Status
Physical Therapist
congrats ya'll!

at first it's kinda like *blankness*. then it sinks in after a few days and ppl go "congrats! we're so proud of you" kind of thing then you're all "i can't freaking wait to start!" lol

I guess i'll be seeing you guys in August, if you guys are planning to attend TWU - Houston. Now it's time to rest easy and relax and slack off and do nothing 'til next year!

i wish.

Dec 13, 2010
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
I've been accepted to TWU Houston also, but am also slated to interview with UTMB Galveston. I haven't gotten a packet yet, does anyone know the deadline for accepting or declining their offer?

I am honestly debating whether or not to continue on with UTMB, as TWU has been my number one since the get go.

I honestly thought I wouldn't get in on my first try, so this is all kind of surreal!

OP
G

goyo1010

5+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2010
Houston
www.linkedin.com
Status
Physical Therapist
I've been accepted to TWU Houston also, but am also slated to interview with UTMB Galveston. I haven't gotten a packet yet, does anyone know the deadline for accepting or declining their offer?

I am honestly debating whether or not to continue on with UTMB, as TWU has been my number one since the get go.

I honestly thought I wouldn't get in on my first try, so this is all kind of surreal!
Heyo watersgoneby,

Congrats on your acceptance to TWU. It is pretty awesome. As for UTMB, I'm not really sure about the deadline for accepting or declining the offer. Was it not on the acceptance letter you got through e-mail? Or am I mistaken? I'll need to check it. Archived somewhere...

As for me, I got accepted into TWU in September and then in October, I got the news from UTMB that I was also accepted into their program; however, I just decided to graciously decline as I already got into my number one choice. I was planning on applying to other programs in early October, too, but after the TWU phone call, I dropped everything and partied for two whole weeks non-stop. Well, not really, but I guess I was set. I just hae to finish two prerequisites, turn in my immunizations, get my CPR/AED certification from the AHA, and submit my transcripts after each term, and finally my diploma in May.

It's up to you if you want to go ahead with the slated interview with UTMB. But you're already accepted to your top choice, so I dunno. Maybe you want to keep your options open?

Dec 13, 2010
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
My e-mail didn't say anything about deadlines, but I can be patient and wait for the packet. I just need to have TWU papers in my hands before I believe it, I guess!

I applied to UTSW too, but haven't heard anything, and have apps for Tech and a couple out-of-state schools complete but not submitted. I was holding off on paying application fees if I didn't need to!

I have two more pre-reqs also, but luckily already have a degree, so I just have to finish those two classes. Plus I have my CPR and immunizations through my current job, so I can breathe easy on that one!

There is relief in being accepted, but stress in all the new details... where to live (with a dog), financial aid, etc...

Dec 21, 2010
Status
I got accepted to the TWU Dallas campus haven't decided if I'll accept yet but I have until Jan 15th if anyone earlier was needing to know that

Jan 3, 2011
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
Hey I'm new here. Congrats to everyone who has been accepted for fall 2011. Any married students or parents here going to Houston?

Jan 3, 2011
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
goyo- no I didn't graduate from uh but I grew up in the Houston area. I am going to try to attend the open house this feb.

Feb 3, 2011
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
Hey! I got accepted to TWU but I'm not going to actually be able to see the campus before I move there...what's it like? Also, what's Houston like?

OP
G

goyo1010

5+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2010
Houston
www.linkedin.com
Status
Physical Therapist
Hey! I got accepted to TWU but I'm not going to actually be able to see the campus before I move there...what's it like? Also, what's Houston like?
hey alli211,

I actually have been to the campus once, but that was a while ago, and i was just there for some meeting my mom had or something. I WAS going to go to the open house on Feb. 5, but it was cancelled do to "inclement" weather. So, I'll have to wait for the rescheduled date.

As for Houston, it's pretty great. But people who've lived here all their lives are kinda "eh, it's okay." haha, but it's big, lots of green areas, big buildings, the TMC TWU is in is like a second downtown, lots of places to go: museums, parks, entertainment venues, clubs, etc. the beach is just less than an hour away. The weather is just all over the place though. That's the one thing that sucks about Houston. Even the trees are confused. Some are half bald, others are bald, then bloom, then go bald again. lol

see you in August

Feb 3, 2011
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
LoL! Awesome...I'm from SC, so I'm perfectly accustomed to all over the place weather....Wednesday the high was 60, today 34... Wednesday the trees bloomed, last night it sleeted...i figure the only thing i will have to get used to is the crazy hot part of summer being about a month longer. I'm excited to hear that TWU is in the downtown area...that's my favorite part of big cities :).

I really liked the curriculum at TWU, so I applied even though I couldn't see it. Plus our in-state tuition is like $10,000 w/ higher living expenses and TWU is ranked better anyways...

OP
G

goyo1010

5+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2010
Houston
www.linkedin.com
Status
Physical Therapist
LoL! Awesome...I'm from SC, so I'm perfectly accustomed to all over the place weather....Wednesday the high was 60, today 34... Wednesday the trees bloomed, last night it sleeted...i figure the only thing i will have to get used to is the crazy hot part of summer being about a month longer. I'm excited to hear that TWU is in the downtown area...that's my favorite part of big cities :).

I really liked the curriculum at TWU, so I applied even though I couldn't see it. Plus our in-state tuition is like $10,000 w/ higher living expenses and TWU is ranked better anyways...
Haha, well, I guess you'll be right at home here in Houston, aside from the summer heat that lasts until mid-Fall. And yeah, the Texas Medical Center (TMC) here is like a second downtown. TWU isn't exactly in downtown, yet again, it's only five minutes away.

Dec 1, 2010
Status
DPT / OTD
Hey!

Congrats to all that got in - I was accepted to both UTMB and TWU :soexcited: I'm torn on the decision process. TWU was initially my first choice, it makes sense since I live in North Texas to go there, but after touring the UTMB campus for the 4th time, and meeting 3 different instructors 3 different times, I just LOVE the school. Totally heartsick that I need to make this choice since both schools are ranked the same nationally. Does anyone know a UTMB grad that they have worked with that can give a clue to help enlighten a decision process? :confused:

Thanks,

Roxanne

Dec 13, 2010
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
I have a family member who went there- many years ago. However, she still works in Houston and told me they get lots of interns there, and she is always impressed with their preparedness and interaction skills. She has similar things to say about TWU students, too, though.

It's a tough choice!

OP
G

goyo1010

5+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2010
Houston
www.linkedin.com
Status
Physical Therapist
DPTRVTCCRP: It's really a matter of choice. Which campus did you like best? Faculty? Curriculum? Facilities? Passing rates for NPTE?Surrounding area? etc. They may be ranked the same, but they are very different schools.

If you attend UTMB instead of TWU- Dallas, you get the beach and the proximity to Houston and the Texas Medical Center. lol. If you attend TWU-Dallas, you get the homeliness and whatnot.

Yeah, I would go with...

Dec 1, 2010
Status
DPT / OTD
DPTRVTCCRP: It's really a matter of choice. Which campus did you like best? Faculty? Curriculum? Facilities? Passing rates for NPTE?Surrounding area? etc. They may be ranked the same, but they are very different schools.

If you attend UTMB instead of TWU- Dallas, you get the beach and the proximity to Houston and the Texas Medical Center. lol. If you attend TWU-Dallas, you get the homeliness and whatnot.

Yeah, I would go with...

I like the new TWU Dallas campus - everything in one building (just like Houston's), but I like the staff and program from UTMB. Both have excellent passing rates for the NPTE, and excellent placement rates. At least I don't have to make the official decision for a while, perhaps something will come up that will help make the decision process easier.

Feb 11, 2011
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
I like the new TWU Dallas campus - everything in one building (just like Houston's), but I like the staff and program from UTMB. Both have excellent passing rates for the NPTE, and excellent placement rates. At least I don't have to make the official decision for a while, perhaps something will come up that will help make the decision process easier.
I've had friends that have gone to both the UTMB and TWU (Houston) program. Both loved their programs. Not sure what it was but the one from TWU program seemed to hold up against UTMB. The TWU student loved the location and their curriculum. The one that went to UTMB really enjoyed the staff but didn't like the location and their class was stricken by Hurricane IKE when it came through. They had to take classes online and relocate until things were sorted out. Hopefully Galveston is better prepared for hurricane season. I'm going to apply to both next year. I'd hope to go to either but would rather go to TWU because of it's reputation and to avoid natural disasters.

Dec 1, 2010
Status
DPT / OTD
Well I think I decided on TWU, it is a hard process, but the location was the biggest factor not to mention that TWU was actually my first choice when I started this entire process. I will continue to vacation in Galveston and love the island life. I think the networking opportunities in the Dallas area since I want to work up here when I'm done with school are also a major player in my decision.

And on the up side, I think that by sending in my letter of decline to UTMB, I can make someone else achieve their dream.