Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

text books in US

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by chinnaya parimi, May 31, 2001.

1. chinnaya parimi

chinnaya parimi Junior Member

I'm a 4th year medical student in India. During my course work, I want to use the text books that are used in the US so that it'll be easier for me for my USMLE.
    Can anybody please take their time off to name one or two most commonly used text books in each subject? If not all the subjects, I would be happy if I know the books followed for medicine...
    thank you.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator

Resident [Any Field]
    Anyone going to help this person?

Bumpin' it up!!!

4. Test Boy

Test Boy Senior Member

I think most student here don't really use any textbooks, perhaps except for Robins Pathology. They use mostly review books and their class notes.

5. ckent

ckent Banned
    Banned

Yes, review books are the way that many US med students study for the USMLE. I would encourage you to go to http://www.students.medschool.com and look under book reviews, then look under comprehensive board review books. They rate the different books in terms of how useful they think that they are. For individual courses, many students at my school purchase a books called "board review series", they have a board review series book for most subjects. I have not found many of the text books assigned to us to be useful so far in terms of studying.