Thank God for Grad School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ponybreeder4

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i know how much we all love to bitch and complain about the delay of gratification we endure as hopeful premeds..however the working world is not much better. My summer job is crap. And there are a lot of college grads who suprise surprise did not go to grad school and are working there. I don't know what i would do if i had to work there full time to support myself. *sigh* life is tough..but because of grad school we can at least have a pretty good chance of landing a good job after. what do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

So i know how much we all love to bitch and complain about the delay of gratification we endure as hopeful premeds..however the working world is not much better. My summer job is crap. And there are a lot of college grads who suprise surprise did not go to grad school and are working there. I don't know what i would do if i had to work there full time to support myself. *sigh* life is tough..but because of grad school we can at least have a pretty good chance of landing a good job after. what do you guys think?

My grad degree will do virtually nothing towards employment in the future...but I am SO glad I'm in school. Love the classes.

I'll second the motion. Go grad school :thumbup:

My grad degree will do virtually nothing towards employment in the future...but I am SO glad I'm in school. Love the classes.

I'll second the motion. Go grad school :thumbup:

Hey pianola is that really you playing that piano? If it is than you are pretty good.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree; school is so much better than work. After high school I worked full time for two and a half years before I started college. It really made me appreciate school so much. So many of the kids at my college complained about how much they hated school and didn't want to be there and just wanted to work and I just don't understand that. My chemistry professor told me that in Cuba they take the young people out to the sugarcane plantations and let them work for the morning and in the afternoon they have the choice of staying and working or going to school. It's no surprise what most of them choose!