Thank God!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoubleDoctor

Ceder Dog's Daddy
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
The waiting game is over. I EDPed to the University of Cincinnati because I'm a Cincinnati resident and wanted to stay near home
and I was accepted!!!!!!!! I am so psyched. Now the work begins.

Members don't see this ad.

CONGRATS!! :clap: :clap:

(your first post is an acceptance???--lurker or just coincidence :eek: ?)

well, looks like i'll be one of the first to congratulate you!

way to go!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats you can still watch the bearcats dominate the conf. usa bball!

Originally posted by chopsuey
CONGRATS!! :clap: :clap:

(your first post is an acceptance???--lurker or just coincidence :eek: ?)

obviously a lurker. what a way to "come out of the closet" :laugh:

congrats doubledoc. whats better than med school? med school with COLLEGE BASKETBALL!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Congrats! I recently interviewed there for regular admissions and thought it was pretty cool. Maybe we'll be classmates...

KUDOS! :clap: :mad: :clap: :mad: :clap: (I'm just a little jealous.:D )

Yea, I was lurking since the first of the year. I actually tried to register back when I first found the site but every user name I entered was taken (even crazy made up names and random letters) supposedly so I guess there was some sort of screw up on the site. I never really tried to register again until the other day and this time I had no problem. I want the MD/PhD program but interviews for that aren't until later in the year but at least I know I'm in. If I don't get in the MD/PhD track then I will just do my PhD after med school so I'm very happy. Life is great today.

It's funny because my Mom said she had a feeling about Friday and Friday it was.

:)Congrats! You and your family must be very happy and proud. Good Luck! :)

Hey,

CONGRATS!!! I was also thinking about EDP, but I never knew if I was comptetitive enough. On most EDP applications, they say, "You should apply EDP ONLY if you have a strong preference for a particular school AND if you are a comptetitive applicant. My application is like a cut under competitive, but as an Ohio resident, that might be enough for non EDP.

Just wondering what your GPA/MCAT/state res stats were, in case I don't get in this time around. Do you think EDP helped your chances? Talk to anyone else who applied EDP?

:confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
CONGRATS!!!!:clap: :clap: As a fellow SDNer who's attending a medical school close to home, I know how great you must feel. There is nothing better than home cooking.;)

I will have a BS in Biochem and a BA in micro and a minor in Molecular Biology from Miami University in Oxford (I have 5 more hours to complete second semester). My stats are as follows:

GPA 3.8
MCAT 34 O
Lots of EC's
Research every year

2 great LOR from professors I have done research with
1 LOR from the VP of student affairs at Miami who knows me very well because he was over the Harrison scholars program at Miami

I work at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine full time
doing research in the department of Biochem, Micro, and Molecular genetics so one of my LOR's was from a UC College of Medicine professor.

I felt like I was probably pretty competitive (wished I had done better on the MCAT but didn't want to retake it). Historically, Miami
grads do very well getting into med school (I think it is close to 90
percent) but let's face it, it's a crap shoot. My interview seemed to go very well (of course you can't be sure). There were about 9 students that interviewed EDP the same day I did so I got to meet them and I felt pretty good about my chances but this process sucks because there is no rhyme nor reason alot of the time why they take one student and don't take another. I'm just very thankful it's over and I can quit worrying.

:) :)

congrats, doubleD!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

You thanked God first so I know you are ready for this journey!

Congratulations!!!!

Congats man! Glad you are staying in Cincinnati, you made the right decision. I'm glad I did too.

Welcome to UC!!

I will second the "Welcome to UC" as well. You will enjoy it here and since you are getting a good background in Biochem you won't have such a burden come next year.

On another note we just got 5 million for MD/PhD stuff if I remember correctly from the NIH. So good for you.

See you soon!

TSpoon
UC COM 2006

Congrats DoubleDoctor!

I go to Miami too (frosh micro major) and have a question or two if you don't mind:

What did you think of Miami's pre-med program? (mallory center?)

How and when did you get involved in research here?