1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Thank you card, or am I killin it?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Mixmaster, Dec 10, 2002.

1. Mixmaster

Mixmaster Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi, I just had a phone conversation with the Dean of Admissions at a med school. They were a great help and answered all my questions. I was wondering if I should send a thank you card even though I only had an appointment on the phone. Is the thank you card just too much??

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. joelee955

joelee955 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Send a thank you card for the interview. Just a phone conversations is a bit creepy.

4. Iron Horse

Iron Horse The luckiest man
    7+ Year Member

"Creepy" is a little extreme, don't you think? :)

You certainly aren't expected to send a thank you, but you sound genuinely appreciative of the help and time -- if so, why not send a brief note? It won't hurt and may help, and almost certainly be appreciated.

5. Mutterkuchen

Mutterkuchen Senior Member
    15+ Year Member

Although I am generally not in favor of email thank yous, I think that it would be appropriate here. I woud just send him a quick email of thanks. A written note seems a litte too much.

6. joelee955

joelee955 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Sorry, creepy is too strong a word.

An email would be good, I think.

7. CaNEM

CaNEM Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

"Dec 14
    Dear Medical School,

Thank you for answering the phone the other day when I called. I have a continued strong interest in your program!"

"Dec 18
    Dear Medical School,

Thank you for receiving the thank you note I sent you for answering the phone. I have a continued strong interest in your program!"

"Dec 22
    Dear Medical School,

Despite my continued strong interest in your program, the restraining order notice I received in the mail today was unnecessary."

;)

8. Why worry about sending a thank you card? If you feel he was that helpful.......then by all means, send the card! I highly doubt that a thank you card will count against you. I'm sure he gets lots of thank you cards and is not going to remember that you are the kid who sent him THAT one THAT day along with all 27 others he recieved. Who dosen't enjoy a thank you card? Just make sure that you don't send more than one, that could be considered "creepy" Good Luck!

9. Nefertari

Nefertari Undercover Premed
    7+ Year Member

:laugh:

10. heelshmeel

heelshmeel Tar Heel Bred
    7+ Year Member

aprilkot hit the nail on the head... if he/she is getting that many thank you cards in the first place... it probably wont help that much....

thank you cards for interviews i think arent imperative and definitely not necessary for this case!... (so...I would say, yes you're killin it!) :D

in the long run, the thank you card doesnt further your app at all!