thank you cards after MMI's?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arc5005

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I honestly can't recall the names of the people I interviewed with during my most recent MMI, and it ended so abruptly, I didn't get a chance to ask them for business card or e-mail. I figured, well maybe for MMI's it's too difficult to send thank you's, but i was telling a doc I work with, and she was like... you need to send thank you notes. I have another MMI interview coming up soon, and wondering how I should approach this.

thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

The docs I support as an admin do not care about thank you cards/ do not consider their absence a negative. They appreciate them but they do nothing to support an applicant and a lot of docs appreciate a quick email instead. If you still wanted to send them, the admissions office of the school will provide you their names if you ask. I still think they’re a nice addition, but don’t stress about sending them.

Reactions: 2 users
Some schools find them a bother to have to deal with them while trying to work with applications. Thank them at the interview and move on. I think that thank you notes, such as for gifts, should be sent when you do not have a chance to thank someone in person. If you shake their hand and give them a warm smile and a thank you that is sufficient.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I honestly can't recall the names of the people I interviewed with during my most recent MMI, and it ended so abruptly, I didn't get a chance to ask them for business card or e-mail. I figured, well maybe for MMI's it's too difficult to send thank you's, but i was telling a doc I work with, and she was like... you need to send thank you notes. I have another MMI interview coming up soon, and wondering how I should approach this.

thoughts?
Don't waste your time

Reactions: 1 users
Don't worry about it, it will not help you get admission to the school. They are a nice gesture, but not necessary at all, especialy in a MMI.