Thank you gift for dentist and staff?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

omaradentist?

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’ve been shadowing a dentist this summer and will soon stop because school will be resuming. I want to get something for him and his staff to show my appreciation for their kindness and helpfulness, but I don’t know what! Can anyone provide any suggestions? Please keep in mind that it needs to be enough for six people -one dentist, one assistant, two hygienists, and two receptionists (only one hygienist and one receptionist work each day). A thank you card will definitely be given, but I’d also like to give something more to demonstrate my appreciation for this opportunity.

Members don't see this ad.

omaradentist? said:
I’ve been shadowing a dentist this summer and will soon stop because school will be resuming. I want to get something for him and his staff to show my appreciation for their kindness and helpfulness, but I don’t know what! Can anyone provide any suggestions? Please keep in mind that it needs to be enough for six people -one dentist, one assistant, two hygienists, and two receptionists (only one hygienist and one receptionist work each day). A thank you card will definitely be given, but I’d also like to give something more to demonstrate my appreciation for this opportunity.
Personal favors work wonders! ;) but if you don't wanna do that then I suggest:
Flowers: Albertsons and Krogers have nice, fresh flowers (go early in the morning) for a much cheaper price than those flower shops.
Edible stuffs: buy one or two boxes of assorted biscuits/chocolates/truffles/cakes. These stuffs can get very expensive so chose them according to your budget!

Something personal for the dentist,like a shirt or wallet or something like that,with a card for him attached on it.

A box of assorted cookies for the staff with a card for each one of them.

Members don't see this ad :)
BDS-DMD said:
Something personal for the dentist,like a shirt or wallet or something like that,with a card for him attached on it.

A box of assorted cookies for the staff with a card for each one of them.
I wouldn't get "something personal" unless you know the dentist very well.... like his wife/gfriend/bfriend! You don't know him well enough to know his shirt size, his taste to buy those things. Well, you can sleep with him to find out his size and tastes!

You can never go wrong with flowers or food.

how about buying him a puppy?

I would pick up a box of doughnuts (or some other baked good) for the staff. For the dentist, I would recommend a bottle of wine. You can get some really good wine that won't be a great blow to the pocketbook.

Jaws said:
I would pick up a box of doughnuts (or some other baked good) for the staff. For the dentist, I would recommend a bottle of wine. You can get some really good wine that won't be a great blow to the pocketbook.

lol....A bottle of wine if you're his/her collegue. A box of donuts for the staff if you want to insult them. They'll still eat them, but grudgingly.

Just a gift basket with assorted goodies will be good for the whole office.

Home baked good are always appropriate and appreciated. If you can't bake then just a goodie basket is a good idea.

Besides flowers, you may consider some alternatives:
  • dried flower arrangement
  • potted plant
  • silk flowers

You can also browser Practicon or Open Please for dental-themed gifts

odontastic said:
Besides flowers, you may consider some alternatives:
  • dried flower arrangement
  • potted plant
  • silk flowers

You can also browser Practicon or Open Please for dental-themed gifts

Bake them brownies!!!

Sk8aBull said:
Bake them brownies!!!
I worked in a dental office, and we always got junk food. The dentist never ate it. He let the staff get fat. The best thing that anyone ever sent were muffulettas. Yum!! Many grocery stores have prepared foods like lasagna or casseroles in baking tins. Buy it, bake it, and send it over lunch for the whole office. They'll remember that, and it won't get them fat.

I polled my office staff over lunch today, and these were the answers I got:

Chocolate, Chocolate, Baked goods, Chocolate, an x rated battery powered device (that one was from my assistant :rolleyes: :D ), chocolate, candles and/or flowers, chocolate, baked goods, and a gourmet coffee basket. They must have been on good behavior today because normally they'd all have much more perverse replies :rolleyes:

For the Docs, BOOZE! :D Actually just a simple thank you letter would suffice