1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Thank you letter from residency programs?

Discussion in 'PM&R' started by marathon chick, Nov 22, 2002.

1. marathon chick

7+ Year Member

Hello everyone,
    I wanted to know is it normal to get a thank you letter from the program director of a residency program after you interview. Because I thought it was the other way around? Or do they send thank you notes to everyone or just people they want to recruit? Thanks in advance

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. I think it depends on the program. Programs that that tend to go lower down on their rank list and/or really want you might also call you or have happy residents in their program call you. After the match, I also got letters from programs stating that I was ranked highly and they wanted to know what factors led me not to rank them higher.

4. rehabdoc

rehabdoc Member
    7+ Year Member

It is an intelligent move to thank people who interviewed you. it is valid for ?residency/fellowship or jobs.?

I won?t consider a phone call or a letter an warranty on a spot but it is a good ?sign. Some program sends a thank you letter on regular basis, especially if they ?interview limited number of peoples.?

Regards