Thank You Letter Mishap. Am I screwed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Reaction score
I know that thank you letters don't add any boost to your application, but I recently sent a thank you letter to my faculty interviewer with the wrong name at the top (for example, instead of "Dear Dr. Jones," I wrote "Dear Dr. Smith"). This individual is also on the admissions committee. Have I really messed up my chances here? Should I email them again correcting this or should I just let it be?

Members don't see this ad.

I know that thank you letters don't add any boost to your application, but I recently sent a thank you letter to my faculty interviewer with the wrong name at the top (for example, instead of "Dear Dr. Jones," I wrote "Dear Dr. Smith"). This individual is also on the admissions committee. Have I really messed up my chances here? Should I email them again correcting this or should I just let it be?
Naaahhh, you are fine . If you accidentally sent a wrong letter addressed to someone private , that would maybe be a problem . Hahaha . But wrong name, they won’t care .

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
We all know the majority of applicants are a bundle of nerves. I often show them the trash can at the beginning of the interview in case they need to use it. It's really my attempt to break the ice ao I can get their best performance. If I received such a note I would chalk it up to nerves. You won't be penalized for this. Good luck and best wishes!

Reactions: 1 users
As long as the content of your email is clearly directed to your intended recipient, which means not generic, you're fine.

Reactions: 1 user