Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Thank you letters/emails

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Brock Samson, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Brock Samson

2+ Year Member

#1 Brock Samson, Dec 6, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
  2. whoknows2012

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I send a thank-you letter after every interview...and in most cases I send it through the mail. I sent an email to my last interviewer because he gave me his card and specifically said to email him with any questions. I don't see a need to send a thank-you letter after an acceptance, but if that makes you feel better I guess you can do it.

3. BlackDr2b

BlackDr2b JESUS DID IT, NOT ME!!!
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I did thank you cards for my interviewer and because I live 10 minutes from the school, I delivered them in person. I think it is a good look to show appreciation for something like this.

4. migm

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    The interviewers took time out of their day to talk to you and then grade whether you would be an acceptable candidate (often by discussing you or writing some evaluation).. sending an email thank you may be seen as too formulaic or easy. A hand written thank you shows you took time and is probably seen by the generation that is interviewing you (pre-internet) as carrying more "weight".

5. beachblonde

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    It's generally seen as a good idea to send thank you notes post-interview. Whether it makes a difference, well, hard to say. I didn't bother to write thank you notes after one recent interview and they accepted me anyways. Clearly it didn't hurt my case. But if you like the school, go ahead and take the two minutes to send them out-email or snail mail, pick what works (as in, maybe you only have the interviewer's email, or maybe you only have the school's address).

As for post-acceptance, I think they'd much rather get your deposit. And tuition money. And your soul, for good measure.