1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Thank you letters for LOR writers after match ?

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by muehlsch, Mar 25, 2002.

1. muehlsch

muehlsch Junior Member

I was wondering if you guys are writing thank you letters to the writers of the letters of recommendation. I thought it might be a nice thing to do and read about it somewhere too.

Hope to see some posts. Thanks !

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Whisker Barrel Cortex

10+ Year Member

I sent out emails to all of them this morning thanking them for their help and telling them where I will be next year. I think this is the least you can do for these people who have helped you so much by writing a LOR.

4. neutropeniaboy

neutropeniaboy Blasted ENT Attending
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by muehlsch:
    <strong>I was wondering if you guys are writing thank you letters to the writers of the letters of recommendation. I thought it might be a nice thing to do and read about it somewhere too.
    </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I typed a letter (US Postal mail) to the one person I could not thank in person.