1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

thank you letters for second visit?

Discussion in 'ERAS, SOAP, and NRMP Match' started by benandjerry, Dec 24, 2008.

1. benandjerry

I finished my second visit recently. I was shadowing a
    program faculty in inpatient round. I performed well.

At the end of the day, when I was leaving, in the elevator, I met the Chair of the program, whom I only saw on the program website.

I quickly gathered myself and introdued myself to him. I expressed my interest in the program and I can tell that he liked what I said. We had a nice chat while walking together outside the building.

Should I write thank you letters for my second visit?

Which people should i write the letter to, the faculty whom I rounded with, the residents whom I rounded with, the program director (whom I did not see on my second visit), or the Chaiman of department whom I met in elevator by sheer luck and chatted with?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tetris

tetris Member
    10+ Year Member

Sure, write a TY note to the chairman you met. You might be the only applicant who has met him.

To the others, write a follow-up letter to let them know you're still interested as the match season approaches its end. If it's your top choice, tell them.