Thank You Letters to Interviewers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lamborghiniMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So after my interviews, I wrote Thank You emails to my interviewers. However, none of them replied back. Is this normal? I'm asking because I'm wondering if they received the email or not...or if they even read emails like this.

Members don't see this ad.

So after my interviews, I wrote Thank You emails to my interviewers. However, none of them replied back. Is this normal? I'm asking because I'm wondering if they received the email or not...or if they even read emails like this.

I've sent plenty of thank you notes and only one responded. However, in that one I asked a question. So in short, yes it's normal

I sent 4 and only had 1 reply. I honestly didn't expect any of them to reply. Don't worry about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I just wanted to make sure the email was delivered and that they at least acknowledged it haha

I wouldn't worry about it. You shouldn't expect anything, usually they are very busy and probably don't pay much attention to it, but its still a nice gesture.

Let me just say, that when writing thank you notes or emails, be sure to spell your interviewer's name correctly. In my thank you email I may have misspelled my interviewer's name....

Result? Accepted! :D

Reactions: 1 user
I wrote thank-you notes after my first interview. Nobody responded back. One month later, I got accepted. Then I went on to 3 other interviews, and didn't even bother to write anything. The results? 3 more acceptances!!!!!!

Don't expect your thank-you email or note to make or break your interview. I agree with everyone that it's a nice gesture.

6 thank you emails sent. 3 replies. Since it's just a 'thank you,' we shouldn't expect a reply.

If you send a physical thank you card, it's never customary to receive a reply. Maybe email is the same way.

So you say thank you...they say thank you to the thank you...and then you reply back thanking them for thanking you. Ridiculous.

Reactions: 1 user