Thank You Letters to Interviewers

lamborghiniMD

Jun 25, 2012
  1. Pre-Medical
    So after my interviews, I wrote Thank You emails to my interviewers. However, none of them replied back. Is this normal? I'm asking because I'm wondering if they received the email or not...or if they even read emails like this.

MJS4878

7+ Year Member
    May 22, 2011
    1. Medical Student
      So after my interviews, I wrote Thank You emails to my interviewers. However, none of them replied back. Is this normal? I'm asking because I'm wondering if they received the email or not...or if they even read emails like this.

I've sent plenty of thank you notes and only one responded. However, in that one I asked a question. So in short, yes it's normal

About the Ads

stlrams22

Membership Revoked
      Removed
      Jun 1, 2011
      1. Pre-Medical

I wouldn't worry about it. You shouldn't expect anything, usually they are very busy and probably don't pay much attention to it, but its still a nice gesture.

happypremed1

5+ Year Member
        Nov 8, 2013
          I wrote thank-you notes after my first interview. Nobody responded back. One month later, I got accepted. Then I went on to 3 other interviews, and didn't even bother to write anything. The results? 3 more acceptances!!!!!!

Don't expect your thank-you email or note to make or break your interview. I agree with everyone that it's a nice gesture.

Isha2018

Sep 26, 2013
          1. Medical Student
            6 thank you emails sent. 3 replies. Since it's just a 'thank you,' we shouldn't expect a reply.

If you send a physical thank you card, it's never customary to receive a reply. Maybe email is the same way.

About the Ads
            This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.