Jun 25, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
So after my interviews, I wrote Thank You emails to my interviewers. However, none of them replied back. Is this normal? I'm asking because I'm wondering if they received the email or not...or if they even read emails like this.

MJS4878

7+ Year Member
May 22, 2011
Status
Medical Student
So after my interviews, I wrote Thank You emails to my interviewers. However, none of them replied back. Is this normal? I'm asking because I'm wondering if they received the email or not...or if they even read emails like this.
I've sent plenty of thank you notes and only one responded. However, in that one I asked a question. So in short, yes it's normal

DE15C

Accepted Class of 2018!!!
5+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
I sent 4 and only had 1 reply. I honestly didn't expect any of them to reply. Don't worry about it.

OP
L
Jun 25, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
Yeah I just wanted to make sure the email was delivered and that they at least acknowledged it haha

stlrams22

Membership Revoked
Removed
Jun 1, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
I wouldn't worry about it. You shouldn't expect anything, usually they are very busy and probably don't pay much attention to it, but its still a nice gesture.

Beandog

5+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
It's a "thank you." It's normal. You're fine.

Roxas

Giggity!
Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2012
Twilight Town
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Let me just say, that when writing thank you notes or emails, be sure to spell your interviewer's name correctly. In my thank you email I may have misspelled my interviewer's name....

Result? Accepted! :D

Reactions: MJS4878

happypremed1

5+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2013
I wrote thank-you notes after my first interview. Nobody responded back. One month later, I got accepted. Then I went on to 3 other interviews, and didn't even bother to write anything. The results? 3 more acceptances!!!!!!

Don't expect your thank-you email or note to make or break your interview. I agree with everyone that it's a nice gesture.

Sep 26, 2013
Status
Medical Student
6 thank you emails sent. 3 replies. Since it's just a 'thank you,' we shouldn't expect a reply.

If you send a physical thank you card, it's never customary to receive a reply. Maybe email is the same way.

futurexray

5+ Year Member
May 14, 2013
Status
Other Health Professions Student
So you say thank you...they say thank you to the thank you...and then you reply back thanking them for thanking you. Ridiculous.

Reactions: MrFixIt