Thank you Non-Trad forum people!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Prncssbuttercup

Established Member -- Family Medicine Attending
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all non-trad mods and members!

I'd like to say a huge THANK YOU!!! To all the people who have helped me in the last 18mos get to where I am today!

My first post was something about whether or not I had a shot at this game, now we have this post, where I have been accepted (2 full, and 2 alternate) and will be starting school in July/Aug.

So here's to all of you who made it possible!! I can't list you all, but without your help on applications, personal statements, and other general info, I doubt I would have been as successful in my first application cycle!!!

Happy Holidays and Thank you all so much!!

Members don't see this ad.

Where's the LIKE button on this forum anyway?

Congratulations again SBB!

Members don't see this ad :)
:nod::clap::highfive:

Merry Christmas to you too!!!

I've often thought that I wouldn't have made it to medical school without SDN. In my particular nontrad situation, I wasn't around other pre-meds for advice or support and had no pre-med advising or help through school. Christmas blessings to SDN and the nontrad forum. :)

Congratulations, and thanks for sharing your good news. It's an inspiration to the rest of us. (Nice job RVU!)

Hi SBB2016! From a fellow Minnesotan, congratulations on your hard work and success! :)

Congrats on your acceptances. Non-traditional students rock!!:highfive:

Thanks guys!!! Couldn't have done it without you!!

Congratulations on all your success! You're inspiring!

I don't know your story, but congratulations! What a great christmas present!

Hi all non-trad mods and members!

I'd like to say a huge THANK YOU!!! To all the people who have helped me in the last 18mos get to where I am today!

My first post was something about whether or not I had a shot at this game, now we have this post, where I have been accepted (2 full, and 2 alternate) and will be starting school in July/Aug.

So here's to all of you who made it possible!! I can't list you all, but without your help on applications, personal statements, and other general info, I doubt I would have been as successful in my first application cycle!!!

Happy Holidays and Thank you all so much!!

Congrats!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
This whole process is daunting, without this forum, I would have been lost... We're so much better to each other than pre-allo ;)

Hello everyone, this is my first post, but I've been consuming information from this this forum for some time now. As I start my new journey towards medical school, it's stories such as this one that gives me hope that I can suceed as well. I'm so grateful that I found this site! Thank you all and Merry Christmas.

So the story is:
Graduated 1999 with a ~2.8... Did ~2.5 years of PB work to get that to a 3.18, and a 26 MCAT, with PB work 3.83c and 3.91s (80cr). Accepted at LECOM in Oct, and was (on 12/20) un-rejected from RVU, interviewed, and accepted all in the same day. RVU is my top choice because my husband is in Denver (As I am as well). Without the help of the NT forum I would have a horrible personal statement, and would have been lost. I have no doubt that without the people here I would be a reapplicant.

Thanks again!!

May I humbly suggest that, if you were helped by SDN, you give back by donating to the site? The lowest level of donation is only 99 cents, which will not break anyone's bank. To get a donor badge, you would need to donate $20 for a bronze badge, although for the same price ($20/yr for two years), you can be a gold donor. Just something to consider so that you (and future premeds) can continue to benefit from the resources available here.

FWIW, I feel the same way about SDN as SBB does. After a med school app season and a residency app season that were both successful beyond my wildest dreams, I became a lifetime member.

Ok Q... you got me... partly because you can delete posts and thread ;) hehe

Either way, I know people who say they came to SDN looking for answers, and they were 'shunned' and I said, you must not have been in the non-trad forum, you must have gone to pre-allo!! I have another friend who thinks that the people on here purposefully spread misinformation in the attempts to 'ruin' others' chances at success... I have yet to see anything other than helpful info come out of the non-trad forum... with a few exceptions ;)

a big thank you from me as well :love:

Ok Q... you got me... partly because you can delete posts and thread ;) hehe
Lots of people can delete posts and threads, including you now that you're a donor. What should *really* scare you is that I can ban your entire account. :smuggrin:

Either way, I know people who say they came to SDN looking for answers, and they were 'shunned' and I said, you must not have been in the non-trad forum, you must have gone to pre-allo!! I have another friend who thinks that the people on here purposefully spread misinformation in the attempts to 'ruin' others' chances at success... I have yet to see anything other than helpful info come out of the non-trad forum... with a few exceptions ;)
I don't think even PA is all that bad, though it is certainly neurotic. Problems come up when people ask questions for the zillionth time instead of doing a search, which tends to annoy the regulars. Also, I think a lot of the misinformation is due to ignorance more than malice. Premeds aren't necessarily more in the know than other premeds, as much as they'd sometimes like to think they are. ;)

I meant that if I'm a donor I can delete my posts & threads ;) not worried about you deleting me ;)

I don't think PA is that bad either, but I have friends who don't believe... Their loss :)

I don't think even PA is all that bad, though it is certainly neurotic. Problems come up when people ask questions for the zillionth time instead of doing a search, which tends to annoy the regulars.

(For a split second I thought you were talking about Pennsylvania. :))

I could imagine if NT saw the same level of traffic that PA does, something similar might happen. That aside, it's also full of, well, college-age folks. I think we were all there at some point.

PA complements NT as long as you know how to use it. The stickied threads on the mechanics of applying provide a wealth of information, and for the times people need tailored advice, LizzyM and Catalystik are invaluable.

People also take what they read on this site too personally sometimes. If you say you want honest advice, and you're proposing to do something stupid, well.... :hungover:

I still read PA for the amusement factor sometimes. Obviously, it has long since ceased to be relevant to me personally, although every now and then I can give a resident's perspective on something.

But I agree with you guys; I like this forum better. It's small and intimate enough that I get to "know" the regulars, and I've even met several SDN nontrads IRL. But we also get a steady infusion of new blood on a regular basis, and I like that, too. It's a good mix of old and new. :)

People also take what they read on this site too personally sometimes. If you say you want honest advice, and you're proposing to do something stupid, well.... :hungover:

I still read PA for the amusement factor sometimes. Obviously, it has long since ceased to be relevant to me personally, although every now and then I can give a resident's perspective on something.

But I agree with you guys; I like this forum better. It's small and intimate enough that I get to "know" the regulars, and I've even met several SDN nontrads IRL. But we also get a steady infusion of new blood on a regular basis, and I like that, too. It's a good mix of old and new. :)

The new become old and add to the bunch. The 'regulars' primarily in the PA forum are well... the 'traditional' med student that makes my friends cringe at the idea of medicine. One friend said to me "all the pre-med students I knew in college were jerks" (he used a stronger word, but SDN will *** it). I am happy that we have the NT and PO forums where the people are intelligent yet nice :) Just another reason I <3 The NT Forum!

Congrats SBB, I'm so excited for you! Hopefully someday I can make this thread too!

Very inspiring,, way to go sbb!! I love sdn and I can't wait to utilize it and all of you guys as a crutch to help me through the difficult road that lies ahead of me! :)