Thank you note question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kam730

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just had my first interview and wanted to send thank you notes to the interviewers. Unfortunately, I cannot locate their addresses or even email addresses on the web site. Plus one of them only told me his first name (he said his last name was too difficult)!! So, would it be appropriate to send a TY note to the admissions office, or should I just not bother?

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you notes should be sent to the interviewers. If you call the admissions office they can likely tell you your interviewers' names and adresses. I bumped up the old thread on writing thank-you notes if you want to read a discussion on whether or not they're necessary.

You should absolutely send thank you notes to all of your interviewers.

If you cannot find their addresses, mail it to them in care of the admissions office. If you do not know someone's last name, call the admissions office to find out.

A thank you note is an unspoken expectation of all applicants who have interviewed.

Cheers,
doepug

Members don't see this ad :)
Unspoken expectation according to whom?

Originally posted by kreno
Unspoken expectation according to whom?

According to my Mom! ;) :D :laugh:

Seiously, though, no need to get into an argument. This is all discussed at length here.